Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scandinavian Squeeze-In 24-26/4-2015  (Read 5217 times)

Mike Carney

• In sunny Sheffield
Re: Scandinavian Squeeze-In 24-26/4-2015
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 05:22:55 PM »

Yes. It is an annual event and next year it is at the same time of year. When they put out the info for this year one or two people complained it gave too short notice. I was trying ( not very successfully it seems) to flag it up to remind people to think about it if interested...
M

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 08:41:55 AM »

This was in April this year, right? John

The weekend, or the melnet thread about the HTML [frame] tag?  ;)

Assuming the weekend. Well, the ad arrived here on 29 March. It was still actually do-able, until a daughter pointed out assertively that she would fly in from Oz that weekend. Suggestion that she might go to her mum in Sheffield fell on (very) stoney ground :Ph

SSI were exceptionally helpful with advice wrt travel, and that's now on the web page. No reply to email as yet … but no hurry?  8)
  _       _    _      _ 

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Scandinavian Squeeze-In 22-24 April 2016
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2015, 12:04:08 PM »

Just heard from Jim Lucas - I'm 'on' for April 22-24 and it costs about £51.  Logistics not as expected - sadly the old Scandi ferry that used to leave the Tyne (near my mother's) is no more - but Copenhagen hop and an integrated train service direct to Lund is probably easier.

Am excited as I last tried Swedish stuff at Scandifest here and … it was all fiddle led and in G minor - not my best day :Ph

Flyer PDF attached in case anyone else attracted … 

[ed] subject updated
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:07:25 PM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 

xgx

• Bagpipes & Musette Boxes... and Banjos, luv 'em!
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2015, 12:20:19 PM »

Graham

N Cambs/S Lincs - UK   :|glug + :|glug:|||: = :|bl

Hasse

• Respected Sage
Re: Scandinavian Squeeze-In 22-24 April 2016
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2015, 07:53:08 AM »

Oops! I totally missed out on all posts in this thread, nice to see all the interest in the SSI. (:) There are always so many unread posts and threads to read when you don't visit melodeon.net often enough…!!

I’ve just made a new event for 2016 years SSI, and I’ll be sure to look in on that thread to help out with any info about the SSI that might be able to help out with. http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php/topic,18009.0.html

Am excited as I last tried Swedish stuff at Scandifest here and … it was all fiddle led and in G minor - not my best day :Ph

Well, I'm afraid that you shouldn't expect lots of Swedish music that weekend. I was probably the only one playing Swedish and Danish music that weekend, mostly its English or Irish music. But this year it might just be different, I'll try and get more people playing Swedish music this year. I can't promise anything though - because I haven't succeed in this the previous years - but I'm optimistic!  8)
Sweden, Skåne
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal