Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeon Gallerys  (Read 7351 times)

Christopher K.

• Content Manager
Re: Melodeon Gallerys
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 12:40:31 AM »

My site has a lot of accordion photos, though mostly German.

For images, I find it helpful to use Bing or Google with the appropriate top level domain indicator for the country whose melodeons I am searching in/for. For instance, .ie = Ireland, .de = Germany to name two obvious ones. And then search the service using terms in the largest language in that country. So in Germany, "handharmonika" etc.

It's also helpful to search the auction sites of those countries, also in their native languages.

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2017, 01:12:58 PM »

... it'll be either C/F or G/C I reckon.

Mine's in typical Scandinavian G/C tuning, and in very original condition. It plays decently enough.

C/F might be more likely from Germany though...

Well, it arrived today, in all its bright red glory. It is in G/C, which is what I wanted it to be, and is playable, although needing a tune-up, and very airtight.
The eBay photo showed a missing bass button, but I found it inside the box. It has just been pushed through, and was flapping around inside, still attached to the control wire,and it's all sorted now.
The one thing that has surprised me though is this, metal pallets, which I never even knew existed (photo's attached)
Looking at the materials and the style, I reckon it must have been made in the 60's
All in all, a good £47 worth.

Sir John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

triskel

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 02:14:14 AM »

The one thing that has surprised me though is this, metal pallets, which I never even knew existed

Hohner's Trossingen rivals, Koch, were using metal pallets in the 1920s, and they're in the 1930's Hermann Buttstädt Club model that I'm selling too: http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php/topic,19843.msg240016.html#msg240016

All in all, a good £47 worth.

Nobody could say you were robbed...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal