Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Colne Royal" Albion Band  (Read 1564 times)

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
"Colne Royal" Albion Band
« on: April 11, 2015, 05:16:01 PM »

Hi,
The Albion Band did a recording of a tune called "Colne Royal". I'm looking for dots/abc for it. I had a feeling it had another name, it only comes up with Albion Band in searches.

Any ideas,
TIA
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

Graham Spencer

• MAD as a wet Hohner........
Re: "Colne Royal" Albion Band
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 05:35:43 PM »

Just listened to a snippet on Amazon, and if it's the tune you're looking for it's called "The Old 95" or "The Old 95th". I think it's a regimental march.  It's quite commonly used in NW morris circles.  It probably goes by other names, too......

Graham
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:49:03 PM by GPS »
Among others, Saltarelle Pastourelle II D/G; Hohner 4-stop 1-rows in C & G; assorted Hohners; 3-voice German (?) G/C of uncertain parentage; lovely little Hlavacek 1-row Heligonka; B♭/E♭ Koch. Newly acquired G/C Hohner Viktoria. Also Fender Jazz bass, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Epiphone Sheraton, Charvel-Jackson 00-style acoustic guitar, Danelectro 12-string and other stuff..........

Squeezing in the Cyprus sunshine

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
Re: "Colne Royal" Albion Band
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 06:43:59 PM »

Cheers Graham.

Following on, various flavours of 95 "The Old 95th" is good, also "I'm 95" and finally "John of Paris".

The regimental march of the Rifle Brigade, in one of its "95" namings, and then - inevitably, inexorably, and irrevocably via The Session to a shed in Wendover. Probably explaining why I thought it had a different name.  :||:

Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal