Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Castagnari Laura G/C, happy!, happy!, happy!  (Read 8856 times)

brazilian.BOX

• Respected Sage
  • youtube search: 8 baixos
Re: Castagnari Laura G/C, happy!, happy!, happy!
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 11:18:06 PM »

Yeah Boxhead and Rees. It's not easy. But I really believe that, a good 1st step is you guys can access the best of the content in videos on internet that teach the brazilian pandeiro, but the guys are talking everything in Portuguese Language. Cause they are showing the content and teaching for we brazilians.

So, as soon as you can access the best 2 or 3 videos with good lessons about it in ENGLISH language, so, it will be very simple, just a question of time. Cos you can START the lessons you know? So, putting these 1st lessons in any understandable pattern, so it's just a question to REPEAT and repeat to achieve a level of beginner in the amazing brazilian pandeiro art!   :D
The Brazilian chromatic tuning: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLF1tH3q5Y

melodeon

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 11:26:03 PM »

I concur on the LAURA. Were I to buy another Castagnari two row it would be a LAURA with a bass stop... in a low key g/c, A/D or Bb/Eb.
It is my opinion the low reed is unnecessary on the G/C or low key boxes.

btw   I  make Cavaquinho (cavacos).  I am making one now with western big leaf  figured maple backs and sides and Port Orford Cedar (cypress) top, mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard.

brazilian.BOX

• Respected Sage
  • youtube search: 8 baixos
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2015, 03:13:10 AM »

I concur on the LAURA. Were I to buy another Castagnari two row it would be a LAURA with a bass stop... in a low key g/c, A/D or Bb/Eb.
It is my opinion the low reed is unnecessary on the G/C or low key boxes.

btw   I  make Cavaquinho (cavacos).  I am making one now with western big leaf  figured maple backs and sides and Port Orford Cedar (cypress) top, mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard.

LAURA - The name of my grandmother  ::)  It represents some of the best of my rememberings about a WOMAN!  ;D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg25_aoWcwA
The Brazilian chromatic tuning: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLF1tH3q5Y

JM

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 02:48:53 PM »

Thought I would add my name to the list of folks with a Castagnari Laura G/C.  I just made quite a step up from the Delicia Popular I learned on, all I can say is that I now have air to spare!  The Laura never seems to run out of bellows, and the reeds are incredibly responsive.   

It was a financial commitment, but I feel like I just lurched five steps ahead in my playing as tunes I was struggling to belch out before due to tricky key combinations or bellows directions are coming much much easier.  I am sure there would have been other good brands/models to choose as well, but this works well for me. 

Thanks to this forum for all the helpful info I needed when choosing the key layout and model that would be best for me. 

JM

melodeon

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 03:08:41 PM »

Congrats !!
Excellent choice.

arty

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2016, 04:23:37 PM »

Congratulations JM, I hope you will both be very happy and have a long and fruitful future together! 
I received my Laura at the beginning of April last year and I can honestly say that I love it more and more each day. I have other boxes but I never pick them up now.

We are all anxiously waiting for a video of you and Laura playing together!
Enjoy yourselves  (:)
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2016, 08:08:14 PM »

Congratulations on your choice. I'm keen to try some Castagnaris in a low key. Might just have a trip down to Yorkshire. I'd also like to hear yours (it may be that you told us already what layout you went for, but if not...)
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal