Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A really nice "Thank you"  (Read 1201 times)

Graham Spencer

• MAD as a wet Hohner........
A really nice "Thank you"
« on: April 25, 2015, 11:31:34 PM »

Just got in from playing for a ceilidh down Pafos way. Nice appreciative crowd - not the world's greatest dancers, but they were there to have a good time. At the end an unprepossessing looking chap of a certain age came up and said "Thanks very much; that's the best night out I've ever had in Cyprus. You ought to be in Bellowhead".  Apart from the fact that I was a bit taken aback that he knew who Bellowhead are, I took that as a great compliment. Of course, I've no idea what he'd been drinking, and melodeon players are very thin on the ground here......

Graham
Among others, Saltarelle Pastourelle II D/G; Hohner 4-stop 1-rows in C & G; assorted Hohners; 3-voice German (?) G/C of uncertain parentage; lovely little Hlavacek 1-row Heligonka; B♭/E♭ Koch. Newly acquired G/C Hohner Viktoria. Also Fender Jazz bass, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Epiphone Sheraton, Charvel-Jackson 00-style acoustic guitar, Danelectro 12-string and other stuff..........

Squeezing in the Cyprus sunshine

Myrrh Music

• Regular debater
  • Wandering Brummie
Re: A really nice "Thank you"
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 09:43:08 AM »

Hi Graham, that was a lovely thing to do. Bet you were chuffed with that. It would be nice if more people made that small effort. Giving a compliment is sometimes almost as nice as getting one. Good feelings all round. :|||:

Mary

Skipy

• Regular debater
Re: A really nice "Thank you"
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 04:14:50 PM »

Well done Graham  :D

Reminds me..... A middle aged guitarist has been learning to play from scratch at our session over the past months. One night recently, at the end of a set of three tunes that we play fairly regularly, I happened to comment out loud, that he looked very relaxed, oozed confidence and seemed well within his comfort zone whilst playing that set. He looked very embarrassed and smiled politely!

However, at the end of the night, he came up to me beaming and said "Thanks for your vote of confidence earlier, it boosted me no end, I felt great!"

He felt good and so did I  ;D
Saltarelle Solstice 12 B/C/C#, Hohner Trichord III B/C/C#. 

I can't imagine life without my melodeons!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal