Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tune of the Month for January 2015: Haste to the Wedding  (Read 13797 times)

boxcall

• You got to love it!!!
  • Accordion to who?
Re: Tune of the Month for January 2015: Haste to the Wedding
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2015, 05:45:52 PM »

Lilting banshee then haste to the wedding goes good.
Hohner 1040 C, Beltuna one row four stop D, O'Byrne Dewitt/ Baldoni bros. D/C#, Paolo soprani "pepperpot" one row D

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2015, 01:26:57 AM »

Time to haste onto the next tune (sorry)! Late contributions always welcome; just tack them on the end here!

Pequod

« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2015, 05:36:19 PM »

http://youtu.be/-y_5t_pqlck

Greetings to all,

I am new to the forum, so let me present by saying my name, Tiago, and my origin, Portugal.

As a 2015 resolution, I decided I would upload all the twelve tunes for the twelve months. Since it is the first video that I upload, I had some problems and that is one of the reasons for the late upload.

The other reason was the difficulties I had trying to play this tune straight. It is a bit hard for me to play compound time (6/8), so I had a little help from the metronome, to have an acceptable tempo (hopefully).

I will be very grateful to the people who notice me about the flaws, so I can correct them and improve my playing.

Best regards,
Tiago

boxcall

• You got to love it!!!
  • Accordion to who?
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2015, 06:30:17 PM »

your welcome, It's a set in the Comhaltas Books.
book 1 and the jig after HTTW is  the maid on the green. which I haven't heard much at my session
Hohner 1040 C, Beltuna one row four stop D, O'Byrne Dewitt/ Baldoni bros. D/C#, Paolo soprani "pepperpot" one row D

robotmay

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2015, 01:51:42 PM »

A odd entry from me this month, in that I'm not playing the tune, and I'm not playing it on a melodeon...

However, this is the tune used for the Adderbury dance Haste to the Wedding, played on my new squeeze (a 1925 64 key Maccann duet concertina). There are a few mistakes here and there, but I hope you'll permit me showing this new toy off a bit!

https://soundcloud.com/olliekingbox/haste-to-the-wedding

I'll hopefully get round to doing a melodeon version of the correct tune before the month is out.

Doh, beaten to it! I was going to cheat this month and post that one too ;D

A few months late but there's finally a recording of Cardiff Morris dancing their slightly modified version of Haste to the Wedding to the slightly modified version of the Adderbury HttW tune I brought over with me.

Unfortunately my box isn't exactly a super morris instrument so it's not quite as audible, but it does at least make up for the dainty basses in Alun's Oakwood ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSNiXH5DJzg
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal