Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why choose a Savoy box?  (Read 10475 times)

Folkiekay

• Good talker
  • Hyde Texas Rose
    • Street Squeeze
Re: Why choose a Savoy box?
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 03:17:31 PM »

You got some good pictures Stephen, and definitely hit all the hot spots.  At the Broken Spoke, we always take pictures sitting beside Rowdy.  There's an accordion get together there once a month, and that was how I got introduced to all the accordionists around Austin.  A great bunch of people.  Previous to moving here, I had lived up in Wichita Falls, and there were no accordionists, so I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I got here. 

You must really like Dale Watson to see him twice.  I've come to like down home country music here in Austin and have seen some wonderful musicians at the Continental Club.  I believe the cajun music takes place at the Evangeline Cafe,  and those guys have a jam once a month behind a music store.

If I could figure out how to put pictures in here, I'd add some. It's too confusing for this systems analyst..<smile>

Kay

triskel

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2009, 12:38:48 AM »

You got some good pictures Stephen, and definitely hit all the hot spots.

Thanks Kay, though I found the lighting in the Continental very poor (for "available light" photography) as the place is very dark, but with some neon signs to complicate matters. It was much easier at the Broken Spoke, and I'm glad to hear that I hit all the hot spots.  (:) 

At the Broken Spoke ... There's an accordion get together there once a month, and that was how I got introduced to all the accordionists around Austin.

Do you know something, it was on when I was there in January, but I didn't know what to expect and went to another gig that night.  :-[

You must really like Dale Watson to see him twice.

I thought he had a great voice, and an excellent band, though I wasn't so sure about some of his material...

If I could figure out how to put pictures in here, I'd add some. It's too confusing for this systems analyst..<smile>

I use Photobucket to host mine, unless I need the image to enlarge, in which case you click on + Additional Options... below the dialogue box when you're posting.

Folkiekay

• Good talker
  • Hyde Texas Rose
    • Street Squeeze
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 04:03:10 PM »

Stephen,

You are right about the dark lighting conditions in the Continental Club.  That's why I want to smoke a cigarette and drink whiskey when I'm there. 

I'm trying to post a photo of 3 of my friends, Yann-Fanch Perroches, Santiago Jimenez Jr., and Fanch Landreau at the Continental Club.  Lighting was good in the afternoon!

Kay

Folkiekay

• Good talker
  • Hyde Texas Rose
    • Street Squeeze
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 04:07:10 PM »

Please let me know if that worked for everyone, and if it did, I'll post some more good ones.

Kay

Folkiekay

• Good talker
  • Hyde Texas Rose
    • Street Squeeze
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 05:53:04 PM »

Good - okay - here are some more Texas photos that are my favorites -

Folkiekay

• Good talker
  • Hyde Texas Rose
    • Street Squeeze
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »

Here's one at the Broken Spoke - with Jarle Fjeldheim and me with Rowdy - who lives there 24/7.

Folkiekay

• Good talker
  • Hyde Texas Rose
    • Street Squeeze
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 06:00:48 PM »

Another one at the Broken Spoke - of Pete and me playing....

Folkiekay

• Good talker
  • Hyde Texas Rose
    • Street Squeeze
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 06:02:08 PM »

And a last one. I couldn't figure out how to put them all into one messsage! 

This is Jarle Fjeldheim riding a horse downtown in San Antonio - which makes a great photo!

triskel

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 06:44:41 PM »

Well that didn't work - let me try something else.

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/Folkiekay/?action=view&current=Yann_Fanch_Santiago_Fanch_001.jpg

Kay,

Your link to Photobucket doesn't work. If you want to show a photo/photos in the text, you need to cut and paste the IMG Code from Photbucket, like this (though the image will then only display small here):

Or, if you simply want to link to it, use the url with the Insert Hyperlink tab above the dialog box:

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/Folkiekay/?action=view&current=Yann_Fanch_Santiago_Fanch_001.jpg

triskel

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 07:03:06 PM »

Here's one at the Broken Spoke - ... with Rowdy - who lives there 24/7.

I'd forgotten Rowdy! He's such a dummy...  ::)

Folkiekay

• Good talker
  • Hyde Texas Rose
    • Street Squeeze
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 09:35:56 PM »

Thanks Stephen - that info helps.  I finally just used the additional options.  I was trying to do this from work, and having to rush..<smile> 

Kay

boxlad

• Respected Sage
    • Ray Ó Díomasaigh
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2009, 09:46:26 PM »

Nice clip of Marc Savoy talking about both Cajun and Irish music on 'Daithi ar route 66' this evening on TG4. Worth checking out on line. He also played a tune and song on the porch with a few female friends....I like!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal