Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting Tremolo/Bellows Shake Like Effect Video  (Read 811 times)

The Happy Wanderer

• Respected Sage
  • Squeezing out Polkas on my Club Accordion.
Interesting Tremolo/Bellows Shake Like Effect Video
« on: June 01, 2015, 11:49:19 PM »

I am not sure if this is the right section to post this in, but I guess this is ok.

I found this video from Mexico showing how to do a tremolo/bellows shake like effect. I know PAs, and all unisonoric accordions can do the bellows shake, which sounds similar to this, but is done differently. As I don't speak Spanish, I am afraid I don't quite understand how he is doing the tremolo/bellows shake like effect.  ???

I have seen other videos similar to this, but instead with pulsing bellows, which is easy to achieve (just push/pull harder, and less hard, and keep repeating.)
Mundinger Diaton III Grand Luxe C/F Club

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Re: Interesting Tremolo/Bellows Shake Like Effect Video
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 10:05:52 AM »

Standard vibrato nuancing can be done by a shake of either left, or right hand. Nor does it have to be vigourous (whole arm) as our box is so mich lighter than a PA. I tend to flicker a couple of fingers, but frankly, on decent reeds one  finger moving is enough if you are on a a quiet, single note.

It is less about shaking the bellows, more about setting up a slow oscillation in the bellows air column that then modulates the pressure of air passing through the reed. There is [advert] a section on nuances in the Aire et Geste DVD to be published this month from Grenoble;  this is just one thing they demo[/advert]

A trick to be used with discretion, I think? But having said that, I'm not sure how this video chap is doing it as his hands seem to stay still. Lack of Spanish is an issue chez moi, could someone please translate (:)
  _       _    _      _ 

deltasalmon

Re: Interesting Tremolo/Bellows Shake Like Effect Video
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 11:52:14 AM »

I believe he's tensing his arm to the point that it shakes
Sean McGinnis
Bordentown City, NJ, USA

Van der Aa Compact II C#/D - One-Row, 4-stop in C - Custom "Chanson" in D (LM)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal