Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fashionably MAD !!!  (Read 5469 times)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Re: Fashionably MAD !!!
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2015, 10:44:15 AM »

I'm so out of fashion, I'll never be able to show my face in a session again!  :'(  My herd comprises a Guais, a Pariselle, a Gabbanelli, an Acadian and a Junior Martin - not a Hohner or a Castagnari among them. Now how out of fashion is that!  :o
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

blue eyed sailor

• Melodeon renegade - partly reverted - Preciosa maniac
  • Respected Sage
  • since folk process is running, take an active part
    • My Sound Cloud
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 10:55:11 AM »

I'm so out of fashion, I'll never be able to show my face in a session again!  :'(  My herd comprises a Guais, a Pariselle, a Gabbanelli, an Acadian and a Junior Martin - not a Hohner or a Castagnari among them. Now how out of fashion is that!  :o

I was hoping some Bb/Eb or at least F/Bb box would save you from a total verdict, but I take it from your signature that his might not be the case either...  >:E
Hohners: 2x Preciosa Bb/Eb (tremolo / light swing) - Club IV Bb/Eb - Morino Club C/F
Presswood C/F - Pokerwork C - Verdi II (PA) - Lucia IV (PA) - Starlet (PA)

Weltmeister 509 G/C/F - Juwel (PA) -- Horch C/F (12 bass) -- Cantulia Bambi 26 (PA)
and: Castagnari Giordy G/C

be warned of my SC page, mainly concertina thus far

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 11:04:29 AM »

...no, not even a Bb/Eb...  :'(

I'll just go and hide in the corner.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

baz parkes

• All Blacked Up
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 01:07:04 PM »

...no, not even a Bb/Eb...  :'(

I'll just go and hide in the corner.

Don't worry Bob...to quote a well known piano player   "Why?...it's only a fashion.." (though I will admit to liking the sound of mine...)
On the edge of Cheshire's Golden Triangle, apparently...

Nick Collis Bird

• Been squeezing melodeons for over 48 years (badly)
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 02:44:19 PM »

Fashion!... Has to be a Bb/Eb Elvis. 8)
Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”

brazilian.BOX

• Respected Sage
  • youtube search: 8 baixos
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 03:15:07 PM »

I'm so out of fashion, I'll never be able to show my face in a session again!  :'(  My herd comprises a Guais, a Pariselle, a Gabbanelli, an

AHahahaha nice! He is ashamed to appear between friends with his boxes "out of fashion"...  ;D ;D
Well, I don't believe it is a problem. The important is that we have the boxes that we wished, if we bought that we had our personal reasons and preferences about that. This Gabbanelli is veeery known and wished around Mexico and Colombia and so, for the people that like or wish to play latin music, who knows.

In my case for example... I like the Hohner bigger boxes from the oldies... the Hohner Club line, but already this current line Hohner Panthers, and Coronas I don't like so much. But sometimes I get enchanted with some videos of these boxes in B/C/C# (I don't have any 12bass B/C/C# yet, but I really intend to have it in a future, because it is very complete with the kind of music I like in melodeon and play.

Sometimes also, boxes from totally unknown brands, or less known brands, represent some very nice opportunities that we find. Sometimes I see in Ebays around... some boxes from these brands less known in really good offers. And so who will condemn you about be "out of fashion" with that box crazy, different and maybe even without a brand, if you found that box in a crazy offer of 40,00 US dollars and in nice playable conditions and you found it was a great bargain and you choosed buy it, and today you love this box. Well... no problem in my opinion.  (:)

Don't feel yourself diminished or out of fashion!  ::)  In any case you can search for a therapy to relate this "problem" ::) , or try, when you can, include urgently any fashionable brand between your boxes, any cheap Hohner you can find used at Ebays, would fit nice and make your collection more inside the "fashion"  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 07:09:52 AM by brazilian.BOX »
The Brazilian chromatic tuning: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLF1tH3q5Y

Sue

• Good talker
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 06:57:22 PM »

MAD has certain benefits for those of us who look on, as we discover all sorts of melodeons we didn't know about. This had lead me to my Preciosa which has become my melodeon of choice. Like Blue Eyed Sailor I'm also a concertina player (although in my case it's an anglo). I love melodeons and have played several that sound great but I've never been quite at home with any of them.  The more I play the Preciosa the more I enjoy it and the more it seems to fit me.  I'm only 5' so have relatively short arms and small hands!, not to mention not being as young as I was.

Helena, I'd love to hear your Lily sometime.  I've just sold mine as I've become more and more dissatisfied with it.

So, thank you, fashionable or not, your MADness has helped me!!!
Oakwood D/G, Karel van der Leeuw D/G
G/D anglo concertina
CRY HAVOC MORRIS

Matt (Kings Norton)

• Respected Sage
  • West Midlands, UK
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 04:00:02 PM »

Next big thing = Hohner Clubs

Nick Collis Bird

• Been squeezing melodeons for over 48 years (badly)
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2015, 04:21:04 PM »

I blame Grape Ape and Syall for my madness. I even have a Hohner Organette somewhere in the pipeline and a very interesting melodica. It can't go on!! AAAAAAARGH !  :|glug
Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2015, 04:35:56 PM »

Need a few more off-line storage facilities, Nick...
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

blue eyed sailor

• Respected Sage
    • My Sound Cloud
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2015, 11:36:09 PM »

Really can't believe how lucky I am: currently played melodeon = Hohner Preciosa still-club Bb/Eb, guess that's hard to beat then, eh? 8)
Hohners: 2x Preciosa Bb/Eb (tremolo / light swing) - Club IV Bb/Eb - Morino Club C/F

Weltmeister 509 G/C/F - Juwel (PA) -- Horch C/F (12 bass) -- Cantulia Bambi 26 (PA)

baz parkes

• All Blacked Up
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2015, 11:57:58 AM »

Been big in that Devon for a long time... :|glug
On the edge of Cheshire's Golden Triangle, apparently...

ACE

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2015, 02:05:58 PM »

Fashionably Mad is an elderly  player dressed in skinny jeans knocking a tune out of a bright orange Compadre.
Saltarelle Horizon, Dino mini, Lachenal g/d anglo

blue eyed sailor

• Respected Sage
    • My Sound Cloud
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2015, 11:44:39 PM »

Fashionably Mad is an elderly  player dressed in skinny jeans knocking a tune out of a bright orange Compadre.

You should include at least the colour in your signature...  8)

Grape Ape

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2015, 01:10:12 AM »

You and we are all to blame for MADness as it is contagious.  Club boxes are already hip in my house, and though I prefer GC, I simply love my Bb/Eb Hohner (non de) Club (bed) III BS! The Ouveture though a beast is great fun as well.  I seem to remember club morinos also being all the rage not so long ago....

Anyways, All this talk about Lilliputs and Preciosas has reminded me of this ridiculously funny video from John Spiers. Came across it today and if I don't stop cracking up soon I might find myself right back in the hospital with another busted gut!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FSeSLi4RQ6s

ACE

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2015, 09:27:16 AM »

You should include at least the colour in your signature...  8)

Only joking,  I have the stealth model in matt black. But I do have the Max Wall trousers, purchased by mistake, supposed to be fashionable, but good for hitting the high notes.
Saltarelle Horizon, Dino mini, Lachenal g/d anglo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal