Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arpeggios  (Read 2671 times)

stevejay

Arpeggios
« on: July 29, 2015, 03:06:37 PM »

Does anyone know a source  of arpeggio exercises for a GC with tablature and notes?

brazilian.BOX

• Respected Sage
  • youtube search: 8 baixos
Re: Arpeggios
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 03:13:50 PM »

Arpeggios are really a powerful resource to the melodeon playing. I don't have any model, because also I don't play in GC, but I believe you can CREATE it Steve.

I use to create some typing exercises and velocity exercises myself. You can change between friends and find suggestions, melodeon methods and books teaching would help on it (maybe anyone has one book to share with you), but I see the melodeons much as a typical instrument for the named "self made man"  :D   Don't having the solution, he creates the solution.   (:)

Good luck with your search.
The Brazilian chromatic tuning: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLF1tH3q5Y

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 03:31:15 PM »

Short answer is no I'm afraid (Pignol Milleret have them as written music but they don't like tab)

But do you need tab? All argeggios are are "spelt out" chords - terrifically useful in arrangement and impro as they can "fill" a bar with non melody music almost as a plug-in. I call it "playing in chords".

So just get any chord listing eg the one's on this site and practice rattling up and down their notes in threes and fours. eg G = GBDgDBG. Then try into second octave GBDGGbdg'dbgDBG. Don't forget inversions BDgbgDB and DgbdbgD - these also "plug in" easily but sound different!

Also practice passing fluidly between arpeggios G > C > D > G. There are ways that work fluidly, either using a common note, or common button changing direction. Others not so fluid. Having mastered G extend to C … only one chord changes! Then to Am, whatever.

"Internalising" like this will in the end do you more good than taking it off tab. i can only think of one "tab" melody (Bouffard's waltz) that is pure arpeggios.

My site's chord finder http://chrisryall.net/chords/ might also be of use. Select for GC box and the chord/triplet you want. Any set of the buttons then highlighted will make an argpeggio of that chord for you.

When you later apply this to your melodies, just "plug in" the argpegio for the bass being played on the left; so very little thought or theory needed. This is where those inversions pay off as (to my ear) they sound more interesting
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:33:37 PM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 

arty

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 03:38:25 PM »

Does anyone know a source  of arpeggio exercises for a GC with tablature and notes?

I would say, get yourself a copy of the Milleret et Pignol tutor books, it's all in there, arpeggios, scales, exercises, you name it. I can feel that it is helping me a lot and I'm only two thirds of the way through book one. Can't recommend it enough!
Last night, on my G/C, I was doing scales and arpeggios (one of the exercises in the book), crossing the rows, using just my middle finger and ring finger. It nearly drove me mad but I can feel the benefit as I practice and progress. And they give clear instructions about which fingers to use, which row and which button to play on. Really, those books are truly worth the money! (:)
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

Roger Howard

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 04:12:26 PM »

I would say, get yourself a copy of the Milleret et Pignol tutor books, it's all in there, arpeggios, scales, exercises, you name it. I can feel that it is helping me a lot and I'm only two thirds of the way through book one. Can't recommend it enough!
Last night, on my G/C, I was doing scales and arpeggios (one of the exercises in the book), crossing the rows, using just my middle finger and ring finger. It nearly drove me mad but I can feel the benefit as I practice and progress. And they give clear instructions about which fingers to use, which row and which button to play on. Really, those books are truly worth the money! (:)

This is indeed so!  ;D

Roger
G/C Gaillard 2 row, 3 voice, D/G Lilly, D/G Pariselle 2.6 row, Preciosa Bb/Eb.

stevejay

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 04:26:47 PM »

The song Le Revenant has some arpeggio exercises in pdfs out in web world for this particular tune.

Members have convinced me to learn my chord, and arpeggiate my own way rather than just learn without "chord consciousness" It will go further.

I am also thinking some arpeggios might welcome the use of the RH thumb.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 04:45:07 PM by stevejay »

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 01:59:34 AM »

no rule against thumbs. i only need it rarely when I take a chord down over 2 full octaves (you can arpeggiate in either direction) and my fingers get crossed. Best of luck. Every chord you learn can be reused as "instant arrangement" foreever, and when the whole room is playing tune, very easy to play these broken chords as texture against it. Always works :|glug

Off to a session in a strange land - wish me luck! :|glug
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 02:18:38 AM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 

stevejay

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 02:59:31 AM »

Thanks professor,   (:) and good luck!

brazilian.BOX

• Respected Sage
  • youtube search: 8 baixos
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 05:04:57 AM »

My site's chord finder http://chrisryall.net/chords/

Very nice work man. Congratulations.
The Brazilian chromatic tuning: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLF1tH3q5Y

george garside

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 09:09:59 AM »

so that's what they are - I always thought they were a group of Greek islands!

george ;)
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

Bobtheboat

• 'On the cut' near Lichfield, UK
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 10:17:37 AM »

I'm presently slogging through the arpeggios and scales section in M&P 2 also!
I liken the experience to the self flagellation practices of some religious sects. Excruciating now in hope of revelation later!! Bob >:E
'Rowbotham Erika Extraordinaire' (12 bass + stop G/C/acc), Hohner Liliput Bb-Eb. Castagnari Rik G/C/acc

stevejay

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 02:01:47 PM »

Valse a Bruno part B are simple arpeggios in Am. Fun & easy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal