Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error 403  (Read 17770 times)

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
Re: Error 403
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2017, 08:22:55 PM »

I'd lay money that when user sessions get confused like this, it's because your ISP is caching webpages badly. Not easy to do anything about that, other than getting a decent ISP.

vof

• Regular debater
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2017, 03:47:40 PM »

Error 403 happening again, after I get presented with a login dialogue having clicked on Show unread posts since last visit. My F5/Reload trick appears not to work at the login dialogue.

Theo: did my whitelisting - if it was still in place on the Krystal host - get recreated after the recent move to the new host?
Vince O'Farrell
Dino BPII; Hohners: Pokerwork D/G (fettled by Theo; 4th button start, Viennese tuning, and thirds stop by Mike Rowbotham); red Erica G/C; couple of 1040s in C and G project boxes.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2017, 04:12:49 PM »

The whitelisting is a forum setting not a server setting so it should still be in place.
Back home now and I have checked and your IP whitelisting is still in place.

The error message on the server logs gives the reason as "POST more than two days after GET"   which from my not very detailed technical knowledge suggests that it could be a caching problem along the lines that Clive suggested a couple of posts back.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 09:10:25 PM by Theo »
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal