Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stephane Delicq - by Massimo Craveri -what tune for a beginner?  (Read 3366 times)

Melondeoni

What Stephane Delicq tunes would you advice for a beginner.

I adore about everything on the list that is wonderfull performed by his friend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuBrOBm_U44

stevejay

Re: Stephane Delicq - by Massimo Craveri -what tune for a beginner?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 02:47:43 PM »

http://accoules.free.fr/diato/partoches/delicq%20-%20Valse%20pour%20michel%20%20.pdf

Valse pour Michel,  and pay close attention to the fingering. It will encourage good habits.

You can read notation for the instrument? If not, tabs are available for this tune minus the fingering.

Michael Eskin

• Respected Sage
    • AppCordions
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 03:38:15 PM »

I'm a big fan of his tune "Nadiejda" as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAB3sCm7Bg

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 12:43:02 AM »

Some of my favourites...

Pirouette
Vivre
La Discrete
Manette
Les Novis

None of them are really beginner, but they're not crushingly difficult either. The magic was in how he played them of course.

Melondeoni

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 07:24:12 PM »

I could not open the Stephane Delicq Mp3 file on my Mac, I've sended the link to another computer but the poster did remove it in the meantime..

TomBom

• Respected Sage
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 08:45:32 PM »

What mp3 file do you mean?

Melondeoni

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 10:15:53 PM »

Well 'someone' who did played a tune from Stephane Delicq and placed the link in Mp3 on this topic,
said a beginner could handle it.
He thought however most of the tunes of Stephano are complicated,

but I could not open it so I have no idea what beginners tune it was...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:17:24 PM by Melondeoni »

stevejay

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 07:49:00 PM »

What tunes can you already play?

Melondeoni

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 08:33:10 PM »

Well..not one  (:)
thank you for asking!

But I have ordered a GC Castagnari, to be honest that was my first step, I understand it can take some weeks.

arty

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 09:29:12 PM »

Melondeoni....if, as you say, you cannot play one tune yet, might I suggest that you listen to Massimo Craveri and Stephane Delicq himself, on You Tube, as much as you can. I would also recommend that you try to find Stephane's CD's - he made 4 and you should be able to find at least 2 of them easily, the other 2 are hard to track down. Getting to know the tunes will help you and hopefully inspire you to learn to play your new accordion when it arrives.
But, in reality, it will probably take you years of practice and learning to be able to play Stephane's music as well as Massimo does. His music is full of subtleties, difficult things to learn, for a beginner, like playing in sixths, cross chording and complete control of the air button to get feeling and passion into the music. Of course, after a year or so of learning, you may well be able to play the notes on the page of a tune like Nadiejda, but that is not really good enough if you want to play like Massimo Craveri. There is a whole lot more to Stephane Delicq's music than just the notes!!! I have been studying Stephane's music for some time now, and I don't know any of his compositions which would be suitable for a beginner. I have been playing for three and a half years and I am only just beginning to understand the skills I need in order to play it well. It is hard, believe me, for someone like me, with three and a half years experience, it is hard but the learning process is very rewarding!
Get yourself a good beginner's book and if there is one near your home, find a good teacher too, which will save you a lot of time. You have ordered a beautiful instrument and, in order to do it justice, learn to play it properly and when you have done that you will be able to play any music you want.
Learning to play it will be a long and very enjoyable journey - and it is good to keep Stephane Delicq's music as your ultimate goal. But it will take you years of work!
I admire your enthusiasm and look forward to hearing your progress when you get started.
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

Melondeoni

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 07:50:11 AM »

Thank you! I can understand that.

With 'Working man Blues' from Dylan I came for the first time to Stepane Delicq on Youtube,
his songs hit me by a train!
A week later I deside, I want to play that small melodeon too, life can be short..so I ordered one.
I believe I have to waith weeks before the Castagnari will arrive, if I am lucky it is in stock but in the meantime I try to find books and lessons.

I play guitar, and the first tune I did learn was one of Bob Dylan years ago.
Even when you know the few basic chords for Blowing in the Wind, you still can't play it like him. Later Ive picked up Travis and other kinds of fingerpicking, but still it isn't him, gess nobody can. But I don't mind, I know now you can have a lot of fun with Guitar playing those chords, dressed up with some bass loops and pull ups.

What I try to say, my goal is getting to start with the Stephane Delicq in a basic Chord form, if possible.. ;)

I am very happy with songs are suggested, and see them as a start:

Nadiejda
Valse pour Michel
Pirouette
Vivre
La Discrete
Manette
Les Novis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal