Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hohner Backplate Screws  (Read 1594 times)

Vallenato831

• Regular debater
Hohner Backplate Screws
« on: October 07, 2015, 08:22:36 PM »

Anyone know what size are those micro screws that hold the back plates in place?  I'm talking on the Corona II and III models.    So tiny that I'm missing 3 of them.   :o
Corona III x8

MarioP

• Regular debater
  • Enjoying the MADNESS
    • AnyITsolution.Services
Re: Hohner Backplate Screws
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 10:04:05 AM »

I easily replace those with regular half inch nails ... just safely take this remaining pin with you to the hardware store and youll find a variety if not look up ebay hohner pins there a few folks selling those.
Let me know its 5 AM here but can get the meaduring tape off my van later on to get exact measures.
Hohner Corso A/D x2, G/C, Corona II A/D/G from the 60s.
Hohner Pre Corona II BsEsAs,Club IV C/F Pre-War, Liliput C/F, Mignon I (G) Piano from the 30s, Kromatica III from the 60s harmonica. Hohner Kids I. Pearl Forum series 80s, Zildjian, Sabían, Wuhan cymbals. Ludwig snare 70s.

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 01:10:03 PM »

I managed to buy some tiny brass screws from a model shop over here in the UK. I suggest you try that path.

SJ
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

triskel

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 05:33:03 PM »

Anyone know what size are those micro screws that hold the back plates in place?  I'm talking on the Corona II and III models.    So tiny that I'm missing 3 of them.   :o

I don't know the size because we don't play Coronas here, but I'd find it by measuring the length and diameter of them with my digital calipers. Once you have the size, you should be able to track some down on the internet...

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 06:02:42 PM »

Are they wood screws or machine screws?
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

byteofthecherry

• Good talker
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 11:26:14 PM »

As informed to the 'melnet'  on a previous thread(no pun intended) I bought the 'pack of assorted screws' from the Hohner online shop..good selection inc. tiny brass woodscrews..downside.. mainly chrome..cadium/zinc would look better.
1 X Corona II(ADG)..1X Early 'Darth Vader' Corona IIIR (Eb/Bb/Ab)..2 X Erica(DG/CF)..1X Club VictoriaX(CF)..1 X Club II(Bb/Eb) 4 X Liliput (DG(red)/BbEb(purple)/GC(purple)..2 X preciosa(D/G(green)/Bb/Eb(Grey)+ lots of guitars/banjos/saxes/brass/synthy 'stuff'

byteofthecherry

• Good talker
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 11:29:40 PM »

My original post....

"Well in answer to my own 'OP' a bag full of 'goodies' arrived this morning in the post from the Hohner online shop. The bag of screws(listed as 100 assorted) is not bad, I was expecting all modern Xheads but can report there is a good selection of slot heads.

Important ones like the really tiny mechanisim ones are present and in brass as well. The rest a bit bright 'n' shiny in chrome, nickel would have been nice..however..!! at approx. £18.00 seems expensive, but I also fly drones as a hobby so having researched the 'model' making world I'd say you'd be hard put to build up a set of spares for that sort of money and some of the really small sizes would be unobtainable in wood threads. I also  bought some strap brackets(one piece arrow heads)now a far inferior product compared to the 30+ year originals of yore..such is the way of the world we now live in.
1 X Corona II(ADG)..1X Early 'Darth Vader' Corona IIIR (Eb/Bb/Ab)..2 X Erica(DG/CF)..1X Club VictoriaX(CF)..1 X Club II(Bb/Eb) 4 X Liliput (DG(red)/BbEb(purple)/GC(purple)..2 X preciosa(D/G(green)/Bb/Eb(Grey)+ lots of guitars/banjos/saxes/brass/synthy 'stuff'

Vallenato831

• Regular debater
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 02:25:47 AM »

Thanks for the replies everyone, but I bought the screws from my local hardware store.....well over 2 years ago.  This was an old thread haha
Corona III x8
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal