Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: erica cc#  (Read 1391 times)

Paul Grimshaw

• New Starter
erica cc#
« on: October 08, 2015, 06:27:06 PM »

is it feasible to convert this box from c c# to bc  by exchanging the reed beds with new ones tuned to bc  from  hohner cshop?  if so would you change the chord bass reeds  ?  are there any common bass chord notes  between the two tunings ?

george garside

Re: erica cc#
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 07:08:47 PM »

the c row will be more or less the same on both

george
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

rees

• Windjammer
    • Wesson Accordions
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 08:06:55 PM »

True George, but the outer row block won't fit where the inner one goes.
Rees Wesson (accordion builder and mechanic)
Gungrog, Welshpool, Wales, UK
www.melodeons.com

gettabettabox

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 10:02:06 AM »

why not buy a complete B/C reedset including the appropriate bass/chord reeds, all mounted on blocks?
- only two of the four bass/chord pairs in your existing set are immediately suitable...even one pair of these will need relocating on the blocks. this route also means you have two complete tunings available for your erica.

there is another issue to consider,... that is whether or not your erica has an internal gasket? if not, then new reeds/blocks will need a gasket fitting to the underside. the grill on ericas usually gives the game away on this, but no pic so can't say.

invadm

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 11:53:55 AM »

is it feasible to convert this box from c c# to bc  by exchanging the reed beds with new ones tuned to bc  from  hohner cshop?  if so would you change the chord bass reeds  ?
I am not an expert but I have converted a few box using new treble and bass reed block from Hohner and worked out OK for me..why not get the whole bass and treble blocks?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:57:22 AM by invadm »

Paul Grimshaw

• New Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 03:46:44 PM »

is it feasible to convert this box from c c# to bc  by exchanging the reed beds with new ones tuned to bc  from  hohner cshop?  if so would you change the chord bass reeds  ?
I am not an expert but I have converted a few box using new treble and bass reed block from Hohner and worked out OK for me..why not get the whole bass and treble blocks?

thanks i will follow your advice
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal