Forum and website admin > Wish lists

Singers corner

(1/3) > >>

Chris Ryall:
We've established (I've established!) that singing with melodeon isn't the easiest thing to do. But the topic keeps coming up under "general" with recent cross-posts from concertina.net even ruffling the odd feather ;)

So I'd like to float the idea a "singers corner" board, perhaps as "child" of this one? It should be restricted to free reed accompaniment (?).

Would be happy to make a small article indexing previous discussions on playing in chords, and not breathing with the box to start such a board off - we don't need to reinvent the Ark. Any takers? Chris

Winston Smith:
As it is my hope to eventually accompany myself (and singing partners) with one of my "bitsa" melodeons, I'd love to get other people's views and advice on such. I'm in; if only for reading, lol!

John MacKenzie (Cugiok):
I do sing with my box, but haven't mastered the "occasional" note, or the harmony note style, as a means of accompaniment. So I play the tune, but I vary it, by leaving the bass out occasionally, or only adding the bass for the chorus. I also am practicing how  to flick the switches on my Hascy, to increase or decrease the voices, to add a bit of variety. (Not going too well though )

John

JonathanC:
Yes, I'd be interested.
I sing a couple of songs with my DG Mory, and tend to use bass/chords during the vocal parts and both bass & RH melody between verses.

On the whole though I use a CBA when singing because I find it easier and there is a larger choice of key in one instrument.  However,  I would like to have more songs accompanied with my melodeon.
Cheers
Jonathan

Theo:
On the general principle of responding to demand if we get to the point where there are a decent number of topics on singing with melodeon then I'm happy to create a subforum for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version