Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carrying Melodeons  (Read 19100 times)

Keithypete.

Re: Carrying Melodeons
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2009, 03:12:39 PM »

Hi Lady', as I also have a Beltuna Sara II (B/C), I would be very interested to know if you made a decision on what style/type of bag to go for. I'm thinking I might add some shoulder straps to the original case. Good luck.
Beltuna Sara II - B/C flavour.
Borsini - G,D,A.
Pokerwork B/C.
PRIMATONA IV, B/C.

ganderbox

• Melodeons from Brittany, Italy, Germany* and Leeds
    • www.choughedtobits.co.uk
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2009, 11:19:51 PM »

If fruit juice can do that to an innocent tankard, just imagine what it could do to your stomach lining!  >:E Much safer to fill it with BEER !

My thoughts exactly ;D
Pauline from Cornwall

*  including a customised Hohner Club from Cornwall (and very nice it is too!).

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
  • Castagnari Tommy D/G, Hohner 1 row 4 stop in C
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »

Hi Lady', as I also have a Beltuna Sara II (B/C), I would be very interested to know if you made a decision on what style/type of bag to go for. I'm thinking I might add some shoulder straps to the original case. Good luck.
I got the one off Theo's site..the big  one not the small one....my melodeon fits but there is a bit of a gap at the sides....I can soon fill that though..picnic blanket I think.
Oh I had a decorating brainwave....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 04:17:44 PM by ladydetemps »

Ellie

• Saltarelle Pastourelle II
    • Rose Hips Bellydance
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2009, 04:30:31 PM »

It's definitely useful to have the extra space - I've got a musicroom soft case, which has quite a lot of spare space around my Erica, but also quite happily fits the 2.5 row Salterelle - bonus! Festivals this year are already much more comfortable than last year, although I do miss my handy seat...

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2009, 11:32:51 PM »

I got a lovely hard case with my Scarlatti, but since buying a pair of decent straps from Theo, the Machine won't go in, so I cascaded it to cover my Hohner one-row. The Scarlatti now uses an excellent (and cheap!  :-*) Cool Bag which is almost exactly the right size! I'll get e good gig bag when I have the money.  ;D

Signed,

A Skinflint Yorkshireman
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2009, 11:33:46 PM »

For "e" read "a".  ;D
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2009, 06:24:32 AM »

A Skinflint Yorkshireman

An oxymoron surely    ::)

jonm

• Regular debater
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2009, 08:10:25 AM »

An oxymoron is the juxtaposition of two words which have opposing meanings, like Army Intelligence, or Microsoft Works. A generous Yorkshireman would be an oxymoron.

"Skinflint Yorkshireman" is tautology - two words or phrases which mean the same thing, like "at this moment in time" where one is technically redundant.

My favourite of these was from a travel programme, which referred to "the snow-covered Sierra Nevada mountains."

I already have my coat on......
Castagnari Mory and Giordy D/G, Hohner Erica, four-stop in G, two-stop in G

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2009, 10:09:52 AM »

An oxymoron is the juxtaposition of two words which have opposing meanings, like Army Intelligence, or Microsoft Works. A generous Yorkshireman would be an oxymoron.

"Skinflint Yorkshireman" is tautology - two words or phrases which mean the same thing, like "at this moment in time" where one is technically redundant.

My favourite of these was from a travel programme, which referred to "the snow-covered Sierra Nevada mountains."

I already have my coat on......
Bu**er

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »

jonm is perfectly correct of course, but "not everybody knows that". We are popularly believed to make Aberdonians look generous.  ;D
I'm a Yorkie!

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2009, 02:00:11 PM »

jonm is perfectly correct of course, but "not everybody knows that". We are popularly believed to make Aberdonians look generous.  ;D

Aberdeen - the only place I have bought a daily paper where someone had already done the crossword  :o

jonm

• Regular debater
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2009, 02:01:16 PM »

I come from Derbyshire, where they won't even spare you the time of day, and where copper wire was invented by two lads fighting over a penny.

Tight? I once dropped 50p, bent to pick it up and it landed on the back of my head.
Castagnari Mory and Giordy D/G, Hohner Erica, four-stop in G, two-stop in G

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2009, 02:30:57 PM »

jonm is perfectly correct of course, but "not everybody knows that". We are popularly believed to make Aberdonians look generous.  ;D

Aberdeen - the only place I have bought a daily paper where someone had already done the crossword  :o

Seriously?!  :D
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2009, 02:21:56 PM »

;D ?
I'm a Yorkie!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal