Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elusive Bb one row  (Read 5353 times)

dunnp

Re: Elusive Bb one row
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2015, 02:43:24 PM »

There is a Hohner one row on gumtree seller says its in B

https://www.gumtree.com/p/accordians/hohner-melodeon-accordion/1137840603

911377brian

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2015, 03:32:55 PM »

Thanks dunnp, part of the philosophy behind this adventure is A ..Keep my son in law busy.     B. Get a beater I can wreck with an (almost ) clear concience as a winter project, and C, pay not very much for it.....[url]

Broadland Boy

• Awful noises from Pokerwork, HA114G, BbEb Liliputs
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2015, 01:03:39 AM »

Richard,I haven't been up long but I'm going back to bed now....

Sorry Brian, I'll shut up so you can concentrate on chivvying your SIL in his quest - there was another 1row in C shown further down that Gumtree page within a banjo throw of me, let me know if you weaken and want it looked at / collected.............
Richard A
Venit ventus contrarius ventus egrediente,
Omnes prope quid ventum est circa

911377brian

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2015, 11:08:18 AM »

Richard, that's kind of you, but you know what it's like when you get a bee in your bonnet...Don't really know where the Bb thing got into my noddle but whenever I hear one played the sound seems quite unique, sort of 'kind'. I've stopped making any sense haven't I? I did   have a nice little 1040 in A which had to go during the Great 1040 Purge of2014, so perhaps the sound is similar? I get some comfort from knowing it went to someone who could actually play it. Wives can be very cruel.....

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2015, 11:28:24 AM »

I have a nice 1040 in C Brian. I'm sure it would be the work of hours, to retune it to Bb.

John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

911377brian

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2015, 11:50:16 AM »

Is that the one I sold you, John? These reminders of the Great 1040 Purge are causing me pain.... :(

baz parkes

• All Blacked Up
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2015, 12:59:30 PM »

I did   have a nice little 1040 in A which had to go during the Great 1040 Purge of2014, so perhaps the sound is similar? I get some comfort from knowing it went to someone who could actually play it. Wives can be very cruel.....

That someone did always say if you regretted your decision it would wing its way back....offer still stands :|glug
On the edge of Cheshire's Golden Triangle, apparently...

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2015, 01:22:20 PM »

Is that the one I sold you, John? These reminders of the Great 1040 Purge are causing me pain.... :(

Yes Brian, the very same. I thought it was a 4 stop, frather than a 4 bass. So it's not getting any use.

John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

911377brian

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2015, 01:24:14 PM »

Ah! Baz!Never think it! There isn't room, I'm only allowed my beater Bb project because it will be housed in the basement workshop for ages AND the project will keep me down there and out of the way during telly time...God, I hate that bloody telly...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal