Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Painting Bellows  (Read 5807 times)

Kimric Smythe

• Smythe's Accordion Center
Re: Painting Bellows
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2017, 05:27:56 PM »

I did a rainbow bellows for a customer using regular spray paint to good effect.
Masked everything off with tape that did not need to be painted. It worked fine.
Used paint lightly so it did not really soak in.

If you live in the US I would recommend Montana Gold low pressure spray paint.
Smythe's Accordion Center
Pinole, California
Sales and repairs since 1997

Scotty Gring

• Try putting a piano in a gig bag.
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2019, 02:58:28 PM »

Has anyone tried or considered ink?  Just curious.  I'm wondering if this is a viable option for a dirty, stained light color and changing to a dark red, brown or black.  I'm thinking a brush on application?  I imagine this would involve more penetration rather than paint, which is in essence an additional layer.
Proving each day that, just like golf, merely possessing the equipment
in no way guarantees you have any idea what the hell you're doing.      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hohner 1040C, 2815G/C (pre-Pokerwork), Hohner A/D 21/12 Italienne. Titano Titan Piano Accordion (with apologies).

invadm

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2019, 02:20:03 PM »

Bellows tape is off but the paper underneath is that pale green colour. But, my side's colours are red and black! I have lovely black bellows tape ready to go on but need to change the actual bellows colour first.
Don't want to get any paint or colour on the bellow corners as changing them is a pig. Also don't want to take the bellows frame off or else resealing that and making that seal properly to the body will also be a pig.
why bother painting if you took off the tape already? adding new lining paper on the folds isn't a big job,book binding shops sell big range of paper or you can buy,some uses fabric as lining too..just cut it to length,fold it than cut V shape to mach the corners and glue on  ;) I did 2 sets and come out very nice...as you said try not to remove the metal corners,they are real hassle to put right for any DIY person.     

folkloristmark

• street entertainers
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2019, 04:48:05 PM »

I painted a bellows with acylic yellow once no problems.It cleans with water untill dry so the corners can be wiped clean with a damp cloth.
Mark Taylor
Folkloristmark
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal