Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hohner Preciosa  (Read 10900 times)

Grape Ape

Hohner Preciosa
« on: November 21, 2015, 04:08:21 PM »

Kind of surprised to be the only one to bid on this little guy.  Been looking for one for two years...

http://m.ebay.de/itm/221938481009

Never saw one in this color, any idea when it was made?

ocajun

• Regular debater
Re: Hohner Preciosa
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 05:43:45 PM »

I was sorely tempted. Congratulations. I believe it was 1935 to 1943 with that button bellows lock being a feature of early models.

Rod
Music from the swamps of Louisiana, the bogs of Ireland and the Moss of Balloch!

IanD

• Too many melodeons...
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 06:04:37 PM »

Looks identical to mine...
Oakwood Model 4 D/G, Castagnari Dony D/G/#, Castagnari Tommy G/C, Baffetti Binci D/G, Hohner Preciosa D/G, Melos Bb/Eb, Lightwave SL5 and Kala California fretless basses

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 07:46:48 PM »

And mine  :|||:
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |

Six Stars

• Good talker
  • Narrowboats and melodeons - what more can I need?
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 08:10:38 PM »

Kind of surprised to be the only one to bid on this little guy.  Been looking for one for two years...

http://m.ebay.de/itm/221938481009

Never saw one in this color, any idea when it was made?

Hohner still have their pre war records. If it has a serial number stamped onto it you can get them to search the records for 20 Euros (transfer by transferwise is not expensive). They sent me a certificate very quickly telling me the shipping date and destination of my Liliput. 

brazilian.BOX

• Respected Sage
  • youtube search: 8 baixos
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 08:28:08 PM »

It was impressively in good condition... It's really common preciosas and liliputs really dirty and in bad conditions... and the guys asking a good money for this. It finished by 188 euros, and it was I believe the preciosa in best condition that I've seen around ebay. The buyer had nice luck.
The Brazilian chromatic tuning: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwLF1tH3q5Y

Rob2Hook

• Castagnaris, Hohners & Baffetti
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 08:28:58 PM »

Very nice looking box.  Had I had the money there could have been a bidding war!  They are quite fascinating to open up and see how they work, but the only note of caution is - don't take the top plate off the fingerboard unless you have good reason and plenty of time to get all the levers back into place!

Rob.

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 08:39:38 PM »

don't take the top plate off the fingerboard unless you have good reason and plenty of time to get all the levers back into place!

Five minute max job with a set of snipe nosed pliers to locate each button in its hole in the fingerboard   ;)

The Idle Rich

• Good talker
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 08:48:15 PM »

And mine  :|||:

Me three.

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 09:26:18 PM »

How does one bid on German ebay? I have tried to log in, and it doesn't recognise my UK log on. My German isn't good enough to understand the instructions otherwise.

John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

benammiswift

• Regular debater
  • Squeezing for Derbyshire
    • benammiswift.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 09:37:18 PM »

I bought an old Hohner Club off German Ebay and i just used my English login no problem, then once you are watching the melodeon on your watch list you can just do it all through regular British Ebay anyway.

With regards to language, if you use Google Chrome browser it should automatically translate everything for you. It ends up as grammatical garbage however you can make out what it says.

Hope this helps

Benamki
Castagnari Handry 18

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 10:06:05 PM »

Thanks, I have logged in now.

John

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

ocajun

• Regular debater
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 10:34:16 PM »

You do realise how dangerous that can be John?

Rod
Music from the swamps of Louisiana, the bogs of Ireland and the Moss of Balloch!

Grape Ape

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 12:34:49 AM »

Yes, well it is quite dangerous.  I bought the Club BS III on German ebay, and a BF, the latter which I ended up returning (had to eat the shipping but it just sounded aweful and twas better to be out a bit than a bit more).  The BS is a wonderful box.  I also have an Ouveture, which with medical conditions I shouldn't even lift for the time being.  Love these old boxes and feel even if it needs some fettling, which the seller assures me it doesn't, I think I lucked out on the price, and thank all on this site for letting my bid go unchallenged.  🤗
The real danger is in that in lieu of a certain other purchase this year, this will not sit well with m'lady.
Maybe if I sneak it under the tree???

Broadland Boy

• Awful noises from Pokerwork, HA114G, BbEb Liliputs
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 01:35:15 AM »

'Fortunate Person' came out of Google De-explete as a suitable opening greeting ;) You would appear to thoroughly deserve whatever SWMBO dispenses  :D
Its a lovely looking box and there are probably enough melnetters currently kicking themselves in the same place as meself for not looking at ebay.de more frequently, to form a hopping and ouching band.
No  matter how frosty Xmas may turn out you've a nice little  treasure to keep the cheer levels up
Richard A
Venit ventus contrarius ventus egrediente,
Omnes prope quid ventum est circa

NickF

• Regular debater
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 10:29:48 AM »

don't take the top plate off the fingerboard unless you have good reason and plenty of time to get all the levers back into place!

Five minute max job with a set of snipe nosed pliers to locate each button in its hole in the fingerboard   ;)

No it bloody isn't!  :P
Serenellini 233, Streb, D/G Pokerwork, D/G Liliput, Bb/Eb Liliput, Bb/Eb Comedy Wardrobe (Hohner Model X), Bb/Eb Accidental Erika

If you can smile when things are going wrong, you must have someone else in mind to blame

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 11:13:03 AM »

It is if you are amazingly talented like wot I am  ;)

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 11:14:43 AM »

A Lilliput went for  under £100 on German EBay yesterday. I wanted to bid, but just didn't dare. My spending on boxes has come in for not a little criticism, chez nous. Our poor wee dog has now got to have meds that cost £99 a pop, and she may be on it permanently, so I understand the chencellor of our exchequer's worries, on the money front.
Must sell some more boxes. :(

John

baz parkes

• All Blacked Up
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 01:02:32 PM »

Must sell some more boxes. :(
John

You may be in the right place,,,
On the edge of Cheshire's Golden Triangle, apparently...

NickF

• Regular debater
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 02:54:06 PM »

It is if you are amazingly talented like wot I am  ;)

'tis true - I momentarily forgot... But I'm not!
Serenellini 233, Streb, D/G Pokerwork, D/G Liliput, Bb/Eb Liliput, Bb/Eb Comedy Wardrobe (Hohner Model X), Bb/Eb Accidental Erika

If you can smile when things are going wrong, you must have someone else in mind to blame
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal