Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hohner Preciosa  (Read 10898 times)

Accordion Dave

• Respected Sage
Re: Hohner Preciosa
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2017, 10:21:47 PM »

As I mentioned previously, my Preciosa is also B-flat and E-flat. The unisonoric gleichton button is a bit confusing. When playing on the Eb row, I have to steal the missing note from the Bb row. I can now switch between a regular two row and the club system without much difficulty.

I understand the de-clubbing idea, making the gleichton button bisonoric but what is "fettled by Microdot"?

I have decided to learn the various systems and variations as they are and not modify the button boxes.

A unisonoric Garmon from Russia would be an adventure.

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2017, 10:50:15 PM »

Microbot. Is Mike Rowbotham of this parish. He is a fettler who lives way down in the west country. If you look at the Home page on here you will find him, and other fettlers listed, along with their contact details..

Sir John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Accordion Dave

• Respected Sage
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2017, 11:14:37 PM »

I guess I need a dictionary from your area of the world. I have heard of fiddlers but not fettlers.

Andrius

• Regular debater
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2017, 11:45:33 PM »

I have decided to learn the various systems and variations as they are and not modify the button boxes.

A unisonoric Garmon from Russia would be an adventure.

It was my idea too, long long ago. Sadly but one day I understand - too many different systems for me  :(
If you like adventures, you must try bandoneon. It's all keys instrument, and every key has his own layout. When i learned A, D and G, I thought I had already learned to play bandoneon  :||: But it is endless learning (now I feel free in C, D, E, F, G, A and Bb keys, others are for future  ;) ). 2 or 3 rows "diatonic" accordions was easy walk after this, Garmon - a little harder, but possible. My problems started with new "diatonic" boxes (club, non-club, different bass layouts with 2 row 12 basses or 3 row 16 basses), so i started "to club" non-club accordions, to change bass side systems to one for all, and final pass was C/C# system. When I got Soberano accordion with this layout I decided that it's too much for me, and decided to change system of this wonderful accordion.
Koch Bb/Eb 12b 3v : Koch A/D 8b 2v : Koch C/F 12b 2v : Hohner Erica C/F 8b 2v : Hohner Erika C/F 2.4 row 8b 2v : Hohner early pre-Corona F/Bb/Eb 12b 2v: Hohner Liliput 2.4 row Bb/Eb 8b 2v : Hohner Club III BS C/F 2.7 row 8b 3v : Galotta D/G 8b 2v : Meinel & Herold G/C/F 16b 2v : Unkn G/C 8b 2v : Petersburg accordion F/Bb/Eb 16b 3v: Petersburg accordion G/C/F 16b 2v : Bandoneon Alfred Arnold 128 tone 2v : Bandoneon Wilhelm König 144 tone 2 v
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal