Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could have been worse....  (Read 2908 times)

911377brian

Could have been worse....
« on: November 30, 2015, 08:31:18 PM »

My basement workshop, reached from outside the house was robbed last week; I can be a bit lax with locking up at times. Anyway, a grands worth of tools went but my ex Lester Mignon was left in the middle of the bench where I'd been playing it, the gaggle of Dewalt tools that had shared the bench  with it had been nicked. I'm not too happy losing the tools, but I'd have been really pissed off if the Mignon had gone as well. I can replace the tools but they don't make Mignons any more.....

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Re: Could have been worse....
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 08:39:49 PM »

Sorry for your loss, Brian, but I'm relieved that your Mignon is safe. If that had happened to me, I would have been irritated by the loss of the tools, but would have reflected that they were insured and replaceable. My melodeons are also insured but some of them are irreplaceable, so I would be devastated if they were stolen.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 09:02:56 PM »

Bummer. Really sorry to hear this Brian.

John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

911377brian

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 09:05:01 PM »

The insurance company are being remarkably helpful Bob, but then I've never made a claim in nearly 80 years......

911377brian

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 09:54:45 PM »

Thanks John. I used to think that losing most of my tools would  be the worst thing.... Actually it doesn't seem all that important now it's happened . Mind you, the insurance company accepting my claim helps no end.....

Broadland Boy

• Awful noises from Pokerwork, HA114G, BbEb Liliputs
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 11:28:00 PM »

Electrocution in the course of their robbing would be about right Brian >:( thank goodness for native stupidity and your Mignons survival
Richard A
Venit ventus contrarius ventus egrediente,
Omnes prope quid ventum est circa

Frank Lee

• Regular debater
    • Rapper Swords
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 11:49:15 PM »

Amazed anyone knows what tools are for these days!  Hope you get a good settlement!
I have some boxes. 
‘You make that thing sound a bit like a musical instrument!’

triskel

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 12:29:42 AM »

Sorry to hear that Brian!

Amazed anyone knows what tools are for these days!

Tools are for getting fast money for these days Frank, though only a fraction of their true worth.  :(

Brian still has his Mignon because they chose to take them as a better bet, and an easier sale, than an old squeezebox thingy...  ;)

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 08:27:14 AM »

How awful. I suspect the tools may simply disappear, but good luck in the local cash converter shops.
  _       _    _      _ 

NickF

• Regular debater
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 08:38:56 AM »

Sorry to hear about this Brian - speaking from experience, it's not nice to be robbed  >:(

Huge relief that your Mignon was overlooked, and that the insurance company aren't being awkward!
Serenellini 233, Streb, D/G Pokerwork, D/G Liliput, Bb/Eb Liliput, Bb/Eb Comedy Wardrobe (Hohner Model X), Bb/Eb Accidental Erika

If you can smile when things are going wrong, you must have someone else in mind to blame

Rob2Hook

• Castagnaris, Hohners & Baffetti
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 12:31:18 PM »

I hope you have a new for old settlement?   If so the electric tools just get a new lease of life and so much easier to source and buy new than to trudge round secondhand shops looking for your own property with the agro that would likely attend it if you find it!  Looking in my toolbox, there are a few handtools with old blades that hold an edge in a way that most don't.  It would be annoying to lose those - I doubt the insurers would understand why the replacement for an old chisel would be a special import from Japan!  ;D

You're right, unfortunately I can confirm that having your box stolen would have been far, far worse.

Rob.

911377brian

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 01:40:46 PM »

Rob, I do have 'new for old' thank heavens...I have had a poke around Cash Converters but only to check that none of my kit was in there...

baz parkes

• All Blacked Up
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 02:59:04 PM »

What everyone else said...and glad to hear the insurers are playing fair...

When we were burgled a couple of years back I was some what surprised that of all the boxes they could have taken they chose the heaviest and most instantly recognisable...leaving behind my Baffetti Mignonalike....

Good luck in replacing stuff...
On the edge of Cheshire's Golden Triangle, apparently...

Frank Lee

• Regular debater
    • Rapper Swords
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 01:07:53 AM »

One of mine was stolen a while back, from the back of my van while I was unloading it  -  out of sight of the road too.  It was found in the next door garden, a fortnight later, presumably discarded when the thief found it was of 'no value'.  It was in a canvas bag.  Luckily it hadn't rained!
I have some boxes. 
‘You make that thing sound a bit like a musical instrument!’
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal