Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Castagnari Wielly  (Read 3084 times)

Cardiff Pauly

• Good talker
Castagnari Wielly
« on: December 26, 2015, 06:33:04 PM »

I just purchased the above instrument off eBay, brand new from The Music Room in Padouk. Not sure how much of a bargain I had, anybody know the list price of such a beast please?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:49:48 PM by Cardiff Pauly »

arty

Re: Castagnari Weilly
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 06:58:13 PM »

I just purchased the above instrument off eBay, brand new from The Music Room in Padouk. Not sure how much of a bargain I had, anybody know the list price of such a beast please?
[/quot

La Maison de l'Accordeon, Rennes, Brittany are advertising this model for 4,190 euros, (price as of January 2015) which is just over £3.000 I believe. It looks nice, I hope you got a good deal!
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

arty

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 07:14:01 PM »

Thanks Arty, thought it might be more again, £2000 inc. del.  8)

Well done!!! I am sure you will enjoy it very much, I am sure there are many on here who will look forward to hearing it played. Happy New Year
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

Rob2Hook

• Castagnaris, Hohners & Baffetti
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 09:07:51 PM »

That's a good price.  Strangely it is cheaper than the three voice Trilly, but whilst I believe it is dimensionally identical, it is not as ornate.  Not a box to lug around on a morris tour, but has an excellent action and is very responsive.  The registers will allow you to choose a variey of voices to suit pretty much any style.  I presume it is LMMM voiced so you can vary the amount of tremolo to suit, enev with the low voice in use.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't prove to be your best "posh" box for many years to come!

Rob.

Cardiff Pauly

• Good talker
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 09:47:15 PM »

Only 'til the next one sadly....illness you see!  8)

Cardiff Pauly

• Good talker
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 10:38:31 PM »

Yes, Weilly v Trilly...Weiily a four voice box therefore heavier, and does not have the pretty trims. Why would it be cheaper I wonder, or is it a case of separating models by a price?     8)

Rob2Hook

• Castagnaris, Hohners & Baffetti
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 02:39:41 AM »

Don't know the answer to that one, I'd have thought letting in a couple of panels would have been around the same cost or less than an extra bank of reeds.  All the gear is otherwise the same, in fact must have been specified for the Wielly rather than the Trilly.  Having only three voices, the treble selectors have three masters.  Still that's to your advantage.

No, I still suspect that the box will be with you for many years, they're just so versatile and beautiful to play.

Rob.

Helena Handcart

• Nine-box Nellie
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 02:54:37 PM »

Something odd about this. I just noticed tha The Music Room have the exact same box on offer today for £3999 in Paduk. How come they accepted my offer £2000? That's a heck of a difference in price, even allowing for their high selling prices. Sale confirmed by PayPal, so must be genuine! Spooky!

The Music Room pricing ticket prices generally leave a considerable amount of wiggle room for haggling, in fact I only know of one person who admits to paying the ticket prices. I'm pretty sure the same box was advertised for less than £3K recently - I spent some time looking over their selection of boxes when choosing my new posh box.
Sideways typing on the wooden handbag (now with added electric typewriter).

Green Man Sword | Helena Handcart on Soundcloud| Squeezebox from Scratch |
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal