Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: DERBYSHIRE Playgroup  (Read 11340 times)

Steve_freereeder

• Grumpy old git (sometimes)
  • Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
Re: DERBYSHIRE Playgroup
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2018, 03:34:49 PM »

Huge thanks to all my workshop participants at the Winster Playgroup day. You all worked so hard, both beforehand and during the workshops too.
I hope you all enjoyed the material (melodeon band: playing in parts and harmonies) even if you found it a bit unusual and, for some, the advance music and recordings slightly intimidating, even with my 'don't panic' reassurances!

My 'Playgroup' ethos this time was just that: play (we did) and group (we played in a group). It was an opportunity for ensemble playing which otherwise seldom arises and I hope gave some, if not all, of you a very pleasant and surprising experience.

I've since had some very nice feedback, thank you, which is most gratifying.  (:)
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Nigel

• Regular debater
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2018, 05:51:21 PM »

It was an opportunity for ensemble playing which otherwise seldom arises and I hope gave some, if not all, of you a very pleasant and surprising experience.

I've since had some very nice feedback, thank you, which is most gratifying.  (:)

Hi Steve. I intended to send a PM. However, I’m now going public. As I think you knew, I was worried about doing 5 tunes in a day because it takes me weeks to learn a tune even in a half-baked way. You proved why you’ve been doing this for a very long time. You win and I lose. Wonderful tuition, we covered a lot of ground and the day just flew. Of course, I made many mistakes and was tired by the end but have taken lots away, including the enthusiasm to start to play the tunes today instead of storing them up for ever. See you at Border Box. Thanks so much.       

Steve_freereeder

• Grumpy old git (sometimes)
  • Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2018, 11:25:55 PM »

Many thanks Nigel - much appreciated! Similarly to everyone who has sent me a PM - thank you!  :|glug
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

heartshaped1

• Good talker
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2018, 07:53:48 AM »

I’d just like to add my thanks for a great day, I suspect my group may not have discovered the joys of melnet yet but they were all fantastic, committed and enthusiastic. Many thanks also again to Simon for your organisation! Sad I had to rush off, looks like I missed a good session in the Miners’ too!
Vicky
D/G Castagnari Mory, G/C Castagnari Lilium, C/F Hohner Club II, D/G Hohner Pokerwork

MelonBox

• Regular debater
    • Mel Biggs Music | Melodeon Teacher
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2018, 10:03:51 AM »

Big fat well done to my beginners group! I think there was a lot to go on and you all did a smart job. I feel as though, whilst there was a large amount of discussion alongside the practical playing side of the day, there was a lot of valuable information in the day and plenty of time for relaxed exploration of the session survival skills I was handing over to you. A lot of these I think were revolutionary to many of you in the room and I was really pleased to hear on the day how much the workshop meant to you.

Keep up the watching, listening and following bellows directions! Create some trunk tunes of your own! Oh, and back everything up with a bit of homework to make sure your reinforcing the bits and bobs you're able to pick up on the fly during sessions/playing with others. You'll find the process of playing on the fly DOES get easier with time, patience and persistence!

Good luck!
Castagnari Trilly DG and GC, Castagnari Tommy DG all by Acorn Instruments,
Serenellini 233 Deluxe D/G set up by Steve Dumpleton, Hohner Picoletta Bb/Eb set up by Mike Rowbotham.

Pick Up & Play with Mel Biggs - Online beginners course: https://melbiggsmusic.co.uk/course/pick-up-play-lets-get-started/

Mel Biggs Musician | Melodeon Teacher
www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.