Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: DERBYSHIRE Playgroup  (Read 3265 times)

Nigel

• Good talker
Re: DERBYSHIRE Playgroup
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2016, 09:39:53 PM »

Great event. Many thanks to Simon, Mel, Ollie and Peter (Acorn). Also, to Penny for travelling so far to support this new Playgroup. Most of all, everyone got stuck in and supported each other with the usual sense of humour. Finally, I liked the pub - the staff were welcoming and even the regulars seemed to like our "sound".  So, it lived up to the Melodeon Playgroup Brand.
Now, Evesham to anticipate and the date is eagerly awaited!
I wonder whether anyone might like to venture up to a Northern version in the Borders, eg Newcastle area! 

Strigulino

• The Night Owl
  • @strigulino on Twitter
    • Strig on YouTube
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2016, 03:07:33 PM »

I have brought pirate metal to the world. Lovely :)

And it's not that far. I live in Essex, my parents and in-laws live in Devon, and I go to Blackpool every year. A four-hour drive is a pretty regular occurrence for us.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Strig

"World-famous poker player. Give her a good poker and she'll play any tune you like." - The Goon Show
Pets:  Two cats, one husband, a D/G Hohner Morgane, a C/F Liliput, a dark and mysterious anglo concertina, a Streb, a Giordy...

David A

• Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2016, 05:39:28 PM »

Only just been registered as a member here so can only add my thanks now. It was a great day and inspired me to upgrade to a Serenellini Lady. I'm looking forward to bringing her to the next Derbyshire Playgroup. Any ideas when that might be?

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2016, 05:41:05 PM »

The first and original playgroup  8) at Bredforton will run on 11th Feb next year
Melodeon Repairs - Website - Facebook
Lester's Tune-a-Day Blog
Hohner Melodeons
Made in Germany
Improved in Wendover

MatlockBather

• Regular debater
  • B/C and proud
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2016, 08:57:33 AM »

I'm really pleased you were inspired by the day and thank you for coming along.
I am sort of thinking about the next one and I guess I would aim for the same weekend (the one before October half term begins) but I'm not sure about the venue. The staff were great, locals friendly and plenty of accommodation choices but the second room was a bit, well, snug really. So assuming that a few more folk might come along, I recon we will need a bigger pub. Currently searching and testing them to find the One.  :|glug

Nigel

• Good talker
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2016, 12:19:19 PM »

Your suggested date looks good for next year. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and staff at the Miners Standard and hope that you could somehow keep it in Winster. I've sent a PM.

MatlockBather

• Regular debater
  • B/C and proud
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2017, 10:14:31 PM »

OK, so the Derbyshire Playgroup is back!  :|||:
October 14th and once again in Winster near Matlock but this time we will base the day around the rooms of the Burton Institute before moving to the Miners Standard pub for dinner and a session.
Your tutors for the day will be Mel Biggs and Steve Dumpleton and we will also be joined by Pete from Acorn with his stall of things to try and buy.
The format will follow the now well established Playgroup format of workshops aimed at beginners along with the opportunity to play in front of or with a sympathetic audience in an evening session.
I will get the facebook page up and running as well as keep update coming here too.
Hope to see some of you in October.
Si

David A

• Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2017, 10:19:16 PM »

Oh no, this clashes with Hartlepool Folk Festival and I've already booked to go there!  :'(
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.