Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: DERBYSHIRE Playgroup  (Read 30871 times)

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
Re: DERBYSHIRE Playgroup
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2017, 04:31:08 PM »

Best let me have the dates you've booked for and I will sort a playgroup for you!
Top weekend! Thanks to everybody.
Si
Hi Si. Please would it be possible for you to avoid a clash with Hartlepool Folk Festival in 2018 (12-14 October)? It was a really enjoyable festival but I also want to attend my local melodeon Playgroup. Cheers, David

MatlockBather

• Regular debater
  • B/C and proud
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2017, 12:50:15 PM »

would the 20th Oct 2018 ( :o) be acceptable?

Si

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2017, 01:08:49 PM »

Si

Yes, please.

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2017, 10:49:58 PM »

That would be great. Thanks, David

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
    • Mel Biggs Music | Melodeon Teacher
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2017, 12:30:14 PM »

It was all very dramatic, not to mention traumatic for poor Mel. I don't know how she managed to hold it together to return to teach for the afternoon and the following day, but she did. What a heroine!

Thank you Steve. You were my hero in my moment of complete and utter emotional breakdown! All is well and sorted now. The claim has been processed, new (to me) car has been purchased and I've actually got some money left over! That, plus the new house is just gawjus and I'm feeling very settled and contented!

I have pencilled in 20th October into my diary for the next Derbyshire Playgroup. And I have also put in a question mark for the Sunday for another Thinking Outside The Box workshop! I think there will be enough interest for this to go ahead. There's demand for it on the Sunday after the North East Melodeon Playgroup too! Woop woop
Castagnari Trilly DG and GC, Castagnari Tommy DG all by Acorn Instruments,
Hohner Picoletta Bb/Eb and Hohner Student 1 C/F conversion set up by Mike Rowbotham.

Pick Up & Play with Mel Biggs - Online beginners course: https://melbiggsmusic.co.uk/puap

Mel Biggs Musician | Melodeon Teacher
www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2018, 09:01:07 AM »

Si

Hi Si.
Hartlepool Folk Festival has just changed its dates !!!!!!! It's now 19-21 October. Grrrr 😡😡😡
Is it too late to move the Derbyshire Playgroup to the week earlier or later? I'm coming to Winster whenever it's on.
Cheers, David

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2018, 10:18:08 AM »

Hi Si.
Hartlepool Folk Festival has just changed its dates !!!!!!! It's now 19-21 October. Grrrr 😡😡😡
Is it too late to move the Derbyshire Playgroup to the week earlier or later? I'm coming to Winster whenever it's on.
Cheers, David

Unfortunately I have other commitments either side of 20th October, so if you moved the date I wouldn't be available as a tutor, sorry.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2018, 10:40:01 AM »

Hi Si.
Cheers, David

Unfortunately I have other commitments either side of 20th October, so if you moved the date I wouldn't be available as a tutor, sorry.

Ditto for me too! I guess we all must make our diary sacrifices, David! It's hard being popular... ;-)
Hohner Picoletta Bb/Eb and Hohner Student 1 C/F conversion set up by Mike Rowbotham.

Pick Up & Play with Mel Biggs - Online beginners course: https://melbiggsmusic.co.uk/puap

www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2018, 01:23:47 PM »

Hi Si.
Cheers, David

Ditto for me too! I guess we all must make our diary sacrifices, David! It's hard being popular... ;-)

Ok. I'll give Hartlepool a miss this year (and Manchester Folk Festival!). Winster on 20 October it is.  :||:

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2018, 08:09:00 PM »

Ok. I'll give Hartlepool a miss this year (and Manchester Folk Festival!). Winster on 20 October it is.  :||:

Shit! We'd better make it even better if you're sacrificing two top festivals for it ;-) (NO MORE CAR BONFIRES THOUGH, OK?!)

www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2018, 11:53:48 PM »

Shit! We'd better make it even better if you're sacrificing two top festivals for it ;-) (NO MORE CAR BONFIRES THOUGH, OK?!)

A day with you and Steve tutoring will be far better than attending any festival you're not playing at! 😉 Did many people camp at the Miner's Standard last year? I'm wondering about bringing my caravan to save driving on Saturday night.

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2018, 12:08:06 AM »

Hi David. I think that 4-5 people/couples stayed on the site. We had an informal session and meal on both Friday and Saturday night. Some continued to stay there after Mel's workshop on the Sunday.   

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2018, 08:31:32 AM »

Hi David. I think that 4-5 people/couples stayed on the site. We had an informal session and meal on both Friday and Saturday night. Some continued to stay there after Mel's workshop on the Sunday.   

That sounds fun.  :||: :||: :||:

MatlockBather

• Regular debater
  • B/C and proud
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2018, 12:51:48 PM »

Here is a little info sheet about the day.
A few people have already 'signed up' and a couple have booked rooms in the pub  :|glug :||: :|||:

If you want any more info please ask away.
Si

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2018, 12:58:50 PM »

We plugged it during and since the North East PlayGroup and I'll continue to do so up here. I'll attend. As we did last year, we're renting a house in the village through airbnb. There were similar places available last time I checked.   

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2018, 05:49:19 PM »

I've just booked a B&B in the village for the Friday and Saturday nights.  (:) (:)  :||: :||:

NickF

• Regular debater
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2018, 10:26:49 AM »

Damn, will have to miss a local Faustus gig on the 21st as I don't think my driving license can withstand getting back in time :(
Serenellini 233, Streb, D/G Pokerwork, D/G Liliput, Bb/Eb Liliput, Bb/Eb Comedy Wardrobe (Hohner Model X), Bb/Eb Accidental Erika

If you can smile when things are going wrong, you must have someone else in mind to blame

brianread

• Slow and Steady Session in West Lancashire/Greater Manchester; Dance club in Rainford
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2018, 11:34:40 AM »

Is Mel doing an "advanced" day on the Sunday?
Brian Read
D/G Oakwood (new model), D/G, C /F, Bb/Eb and E/A Liliputs,
A STREB!!,
2.5 D/G Self made Emmanuel Pariselle, D/G Pokerwork,
and Wolverton Advanced G/D Anglo Concertina and C/G  1937 Wheatstone.
all played "lefty" with mostly an extra air button, except the Concertinas which I play the conventional way round.

MatlockBather

• Regular debater
  • B/C and proud
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2018, 12:03:04 PM »

Yes she is. I don't know what the topic of Thinking Out The Box3  (TOTB3) will be but I'm sure it will provide plenty to think about and work on out side the workshop.

We also have a new member on the tutoring team. This year we are also pleased to welcome Vicky Cooper to the team. After very well received debuts at the North East Playgroup and Melodeons in Wensleydale, Vicky will be on hand to give 1-2-1 help or take absolute beginners. Welcome to the team Vicky.

Updated flyer attached. Please feel free to distribute it around your local sessions, teams and mates.

Thanks

Si

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2018, 01:21:28 PM »

Great news Simon. This has to be another dream team of tutors for the PlayGroup and TOTB III on the Sunday is the icing. I could bring a spare DG box for absolute beginners, if needed.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 10:25:53 PM by Nigel »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal