Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeon Gremlin Available To Good Home  (Read 3595 times)

Myrrh Music

• Regular debater
  • Wandering Brummie
Re: Melodeon Gremlin Available To Good Home
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2016, 02:51:06 PM »

(:) I like your analogy Nick, washing the hair. Yes, I can feel in my fingers how it should be. I'll try to keep it in mind next time.
Well, at least it's working as I tap the top of my head - maybe I should have the melodeon up there!!!!

I'm going to forget the tunes for a bit and just try to get that. :|||:

Many thanks Nick.
Mary

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2016, 03:07:21 PM »

A good exercise (not musical, but physical) that works on the piano, is to hold down one finger whilst taking it in turns to play the other 3 (in the case on not using the thumb). So hold down the first finger, then play 2, 3, 4, 3, 2 on your chosen notes. Then hold down 2, whist taking it in turns with 1, 3, 4, 3, 1. Just a good little exercise - only a couple of minutes to do at a time. You can incorporate it into a fragment of a tune such as Amelie: hold the first note of each phrase while doing the filigree stuff. On a G/C it would be D efefe E efeCe B deded A cdedc (the little notes are in the lower octave to the Capital notes. In D/G terms I guess it would be  A bcbcb B bcbGb Fsharp ababa E gabag
Just a small thing to work on. Discard if it doesn't help.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Myrrh Music

• Regular debater
  • Wandering Brummie
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2016, 03:45:29 PM »

Thank you for that. I'll definitely give it a go. Time to learn something else anyway and this will be so much more valuable than bashing on with yet another new tune.

Much appreciated.

Mary

Sebastian

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2016, 11:44:05 AM »

Play the entire tune as slow as required to play the most difficults passeges without error, even if this means playing eighth notes as if they were whole notes.  You are creating neural pathways.
Never helped me. :-[

I can play single bars over and over at a moderately slower pace to get my fingers (and feet) to know what they have to do, but playing overly slow - I hardly ever had the patience to do so, and when I did, I never experienced any progress out of that. (One possible exception was maybe complicated polyphony.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal