Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, and thank you!  (Read 1297 times)

billanderson

Hello, and thank you!
« on: February 25, 2016, 09:10:55 PM »

Hello from New Hampshire! (That's in New England. In what was formerly the New World. Everything is very bright and shiny here).

It started with a glimpse of a piano accordion in a junk shop. A few weeks later, thanks to this wonderful site, I find myself with a black G/C Hohner Erica from the Button Box, a book from George Garside (planned on buying a D/G) and another from Pignol and Milleret.

Kids in my neighborhood didn't have much in the way of activities, and my musical education ended at 'ta ta tee-tee-tah' in 5th grade. It's slow going, but I figure that in 15 years, I'll have something to do when I retire.

Thank you all for freely sharing your knowledge. I'm not sure where I would be without this site, but I do know I wouldn't be squeaking and honking away the few free moments in a day.

Baron Collins-Hill

• Regular debater
  • Maine, USA
Re: Hello, and thank you!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 09:46:13 PM »

Welcome from Maine, Bill! Glad to have you here. I agree this place is an incredible resource! You are a lucky man with the Button Box right around the (proverbial) corner. Watch out thought, it can be a dangerous place!

Happy squeezing,
Baron

D/G/Acc Castagnari Big 18 (full Dutch reversals)
Mandolin & Tenor Guitarist: Velocipede
Free Online Mandolin Lessons: MandoLessons

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 09:54:12 PM »

Nice to have another G/C player onboard.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Nick Collis Bird

• Been squeezing melodeons for over 48 years (badly)
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 12:28:06 PM »

Welcome to this fantastic forum Bill. Its true success only comes from its membership and long may it prosper .  (:)
Has anyone heard of the song. “ Broken Alarm-clock Blues” ? It starts   “I woke up this Afternoon”

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 12:56:44 PM »

A welcome aboard from me too!
I was in Vermont last May morris dancing. I discovered there are a few melodeon players lurking on this board from that neck of the woods, you never know you might be able to meet up with a fellow squeezer without having to swim across the pond!
cheers
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

melodeon

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 08:47:23 PM »

Welcome from the State of Jefferson (So Oregon)

Primarily one row and also GC.

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 12:16:04 AM »

i remember "ta ah" and "ta taffee ta ah". I believe that this sort of thing was designed by the BBC to put children off music for life - it certainly worked on me for a few years.

Oh, and welcome to the board Bill, from God's Own County (where He has His weekend place).

Chris B.
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

billanderson

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 02:00:04 PM »

Thanks for the good wishes!
Baron, it looks like you're a mere 2 hours away.
Chris B., I would love to see God's Weekend Place sometime. I've only been to London and Surrey on business, but the north looks really beautiful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal