Discussions > Tunes

Kite Scottish - French Tune

(1/8) > >>

Ebor_fiddler:
I'm trying to get hold of the dots for the above tune, which keeps coming up at our session in Leeds, but I've come to a halt with my researches. Can anyone help me please? abc, jpg, pdf or any medium you may have will be gratefully received.

Thank you,

Chris B.

Pete Dunk:
I'm not getting anywhere trying to find this Chris, perhaps the session people have the wrong name for the tune or perhaps they have the dots. You may have reached the 'folk process wall' - learned by ear, no name noted at the time, tune now slightly re-written, pumped out at a session with a made up name. Not uncommon, I site Michael Turner's Waltz as an example. Apparently the tune was nicked off some German geezer who had it in a collection of six German dances that he published a couple of years before, he will have nicked it from some hapless bugger before him of course but we don't get to hear of that.

The folk process is a bit of a devil really.  >:E

Anahata:
A long shot, but it's not John Spiers' Red Kites , is it?

911377brian:
I'm sure 'The Kite' is in one of that Lewes tune books but I'm not able to check at present.

Tone Dumb Greg:
There's a hornpipe called the kite
X: 1
T:Kite Hornpipe TS.123
M:C|
L:1/8
Q:1/2=90
S:Thomas Sands' MS,1810,Lincolnshire
R:.hornpipe
O:Lincolnshire
Z:vmp.Ruairidh Greig, 2011
K:Bb
fg/a/|bBba gfed|efgB BAGF|GBAc Bdce|dfgB BAGF|!
bBba gfed|efgB BAGF|GBAc Bdce|dfgA B2:|!
|:GF/E/|DBFB DBFB|EBGB EBGB|EecA EecA|edcB AGFE|!
DBFB DBFB|EBGB EBGB|EecA EecA|B2B2B2:|]

Was the hapless bugger that michael turner's  waltz got nicked off Mozart by any chance?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version