Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Italian music  (Read 1048 times)

Greyhound

Italian music
« on: March 12, 2016, 08:47:58 PM »

I've recently 'discovered' Italian ( actually,I think it's specifically Sardinian ) folk dancing and it's associated music,on Youtube.
I must admit that I'm absolutely captivated by it  :-[
The box playing is awesome,and I'm a little surprised that I can't remember any discussion of it recently on this site.
Admittedly,some of the tunes are a bit long winded and repetitive,but the skill of the players something else.
Here's one example to watch....and,as an added bonus...a somewhat prettier 'Melodeon face' than we normally get  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5q_kZztVRY&list=PLpq3NqmMiEaeKrrYpmD3af8TZEVP6WJfk&index=8

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Re: Italian music
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 09:53:04 PM »

Their a capella song style, especially in chorus, is truly wonderful too. A very special place and said to be more culturally diverse than anywhere else in Italy.

http://youtu.be/cWVCMvbGcPA

i've not got there yet, but daughter Dolly May made a special journey. Also one of the song tutors at last month's Stage d' Improvisation was from the island. She treated us to some wonderful stuff, female voices, phrygian mode but not a atonal as what they do in Bulgaria.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 12:03:11 PM by Chris Ryall »
  _       _    _      _ 

Grape Ape

Re: Italian music
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 01:44:19 AM »

I have only experienced Sardegna through its wines-  lovely vermentino for the whites and the dr. Oz endorsed cannonau (grenache) for the reds.  I look for ward to watching the video after work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal