Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 1275 times)

banjokat

Hello everyone!
« on: May 11, 2016, 10:57:50 AM »

Thanks for letting me join! I've been lurking for a while and been inspired by the wonderful playing I've seen on here.

I've always fancied a go at the melodeon as I love English tunes but I've been concentrating on banjo for the last 15 years or so. My missus was not averse to the idea of a melodeon as the ol' 5 string (or four and a half as my daughter calls it!) grates on her a bit. :(

Anyway I'm very fortunate to have been loaned an old C/F Erica and am really enjoying the challenge so far - unlike my wife who had no idea how loud it would be! Her work colleague, who's husband has lent me the box cheerily told her it was the loudest one he owned  ;D

I'll be popping up in the beginners section where I'll ask all my daft questions. Thanks again, I'm in York, UK by the way.

deltasalmon

Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 12:02:12 PM »

Welcome to the session! Good luck on your adventure into the squeeze box world
Sean McGinnis
Bordentown City, NJ, USA

Castagnari Benny ADG

AirTime

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 03:33:58 PM »

Banjo to melodeon?  Oh dear ... out of the frying pan into the fire!  :o

Welcome to melnet!
1920's BbEb Hohner; 1920's  AD Koch; 1910 (?) One-row Hohner in D,  1910's GCB Maga Ercole; ; AD 1950's Pistelli, CF Sandpiper, CF Preciosa, BbEb Preciosa.

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 05:06:08 PM »

This is a very useful and friendly forum. Great help given willingly. I really wouldn't have stuck to it without the support. Enjoy.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Ebor_fiddler

• Chris
  • Hohner 1040 C One-Row, Sandpiper D/G, Liliput C/F
    • Ebor Morris
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 12:54:32 AM »

Mr Banjokat,

1) Welcome to Melnet, from another Yorkie.

2) You haven't borrowed your instrument from Kevin Holland, have you?

3) Do you attend any of the York music sessions at all? Golden Ball on Sundays, Maltings on Tuesdays, Huby on Wednesdays and the Three Legged Mare on Fridays.

4) If you need a D/G to play with other people, I have one which you could borrow.

Regards,

Chris B.
I'm a Yorkie!
My other melodeon's a fiddle, but one of my Hohners has six strings! I also play a very red Hawkins Bazaar in C and a generic Klingenthaler spoon bass in F.!! My other pets (played) are gobirons - Hohner Marine Band in C, Hohner Tremolo in D and a Chinese Thingy Tremolo in G.

banjokat

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 07:28:51 AM »

Thanks everyone.
Chris B, no the Erica is borrowed from a chap down Selby way. I've struggled with session attendance as I used to work weird shifts but I'm not brave enough really! I'm nowhere near the stage of being able to play with others on the box but that's something I would like to do eventually - my biggest failing musically is that I only ever seem to play alone! When I buy a box it will be a D/G so I'd certainly like to try as many as possible beforehand, thanks for the offer, much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal