Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: old reeds  (Read 4561 times)

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
Re: old reeds
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 03:20:34 PM »

That is strange, because I have a google account and I am signed in.

Me too, I'm logged in to my google account and I am getting a - You need permission - page.

Graham Spencer

• MAD as a wet Hohner........
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 03:33:29 PM »

That is strange, because I have a google account and I am signed in.

Me too, I'm logged in to my google account and I am getting a - You need permission - page.

Same here.
Among others, Saltarelle Pastourelle II D/G; Hohner 4-stop 1-rows in C & G; assorted Hohners; 3-voice German (?) G/C of uncertain parentage; lovely little Hlavacek 1-row Heligonka; B♭/E♭ Koch. Newly acquired G/C Hohner Viktoria. Also Fender Jazz bass, Telecaster, Stratocaster, Epiphone Sheraton, Charvel-Jackson 00-style acoustic guitar, Danelectro 12-string and other stuff..........

Squeezing in the Cyprus sunshine

MarioP

• Regular debater
  • Enjoying the MADNESS
    • AnyITsolution.Services
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2018, 09:06:33 PM »

I’ll paste tiit to my server just a moment and I’ll update this post with a link to my own server ..

Here's the link so the permissions is no longer an issue: http://anyitsolution.com/FBE/

the picture in questions is Capture.jpg the other pics were from another thread i was trying to find out if that was an HBE = FBE but that (H/F) is not clearly visible.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 09:36:05 PM by MarioP »
Hohner Corso A/D x2, G/C, Corona II A/D/G from the 60s.
Hohner Pre Corona II BsEsAs,Club IV C/F Pre-War, Liliput C/F, Mignon I (G) Piano from the 30s, Kromatica III from the 60s harmonica. Hohner Kids I. Pearl Forum series 80s, Zildjian, Sabían, Wuhan cymbals. Ludwig snare 70s.

Andrius

• Regular debater
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2018, 08:26:38 AM »

I have reeds marked O on several instruments, all of them good quality - Royal Standard, Galotta and some others.
Is it possible that O marked reeds were used on old Hohner accordions?
Melodeon maker from Germany sold me O marked reeds like original reeds from Hohner pre-Corona. It may be that I was double deceived because accordion was in Fis/H/E (F#/B/E) but he sent reeds in F/Bb/Eb
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:07:41 AM by Andrius »
Koch Bb/Eb 12b 3v : Koch A/D 8b 2v : Koch C/F 12b 2v : Hohner Erica C/F 8b 2v : Hohner Erika C/F 2.4 row 8b 2v : Hohner early pre-Corona F/Bb/Eb 12b 2v: Hohner Liliput 2.4 row Bb/Eb 8b 2v : Hohner Club III BS C/F 2.7 row 8b 3v : Galotta D/G 8b 2v : Meinel & Herold G/C/F 16b 2v : Unkn G/C 8b 2v : Petersburg accordion F/Bb/Eb 16b 3v: Petersburg accordion G/C/F 16b 2v : Bandoneon Alfred Arnold 128 tone 2v : Bandoneon Wilhelm König 144 tone 2 v

triskel

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 09:29:48 PM »

Is it possible that O marked reeds were used on old Hohner accordions?

Yes, they were, in fact I've had one I love for nearly 40 years - it's an early single-row Hohner Vienna accordion, probably 1905-1910, with O marked steel reeds on zinc plates, and it sounds gorgeous!

I've seen them in other Hohners too, whilst the 3-row in your photo was made around 1929 when they took over Koch, and seem only then to have started making their own stamped reeds.

triskel

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 09:55:13 PM »

Dix were major reedmakers, producing a range of different qualities that included Längsschliff (long cut = ground lengthways) and Rundschliff (round cut = seemingly the equivalent of "bombate"). They were widely used by the Klingenthal, and other German, makers, as well as firms like Maugein in France, and are even to be found in instruments by the top Bandoneon maker Alfred Arnold. And, of course, they are the reeds used in the old Globe, Sterling and Monarch 4-stop melodeons of legend...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal