Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saltarelle? box ID  (Read 9079 times)

xgx

• Bagpipes & Musette Boxes... and Banjos, luv 'em!
Saltarelle? box ID
« on: June 21, 2009, 12:55:25 AM »

anyone know which box Dom is using in this clip please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWay7VQ_lZM&feature=channel

there's some info on his website but my French isn't anywhere near good enough....

http://riviere.auzeau.org/
Graham

N Cambs/S Lincs - UK   :|glug + :|glug:|||: = :|bl

triskel

Re: Saltarelle? box ID
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 03:42:40 AM »

His website only says that he bought it from my friend Laurent Jarry (http://www.boite-accordeon.com) at Montreuil, outside Paris, but one of the viewers of the YouTube clip has identified it as the new Saltarelle "Bourroche" model (of continenental chromatic).

Prestidigitator

• Respected Sage
  • Saltarelle, Hohner, Oakwood Baffetti
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 08:01:27 AM »

I was enquiring about these Saltarelle instruments a propos another Youtube clip.

I have an idea that this is a Chaville model, as the grille seems to be flat, whereas (according to the Saltarelle website) the Bourroche has a curved grille. Also, per Saltarelle, the Chaville has 60 bass buttons and the other 72. Unfortunately I can't even begin to count them in the clip, and I'll leave that to someone young and eagle-eyed.

xgx

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 09:06:27 AM »

Thanks for the info, much appreciated (:)

Now to find which Montreuil ... I know the one South of Calais and I'll be heading back over to Euroland later this year so might take the opportunity to 'pop in' .....
Graham

Prestidigitator

• Respected Sage
  • Saltarelle, Hohner, Oakwood Baffetti
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 10:52:11 AM »

Go to the  http://www.boite-accordeon.com  website.

If you look at "contact/acces" in the lefthand bar of the homepage, you'll find a map, address etc.

juker

• Hohner 2 row G/C and C/F,
    • Julie's Art'nAll
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 11:34:42 AM »

anyone know which box Dom is using in this clip please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWay7VQ_lZM&feature=channel

Wow, this is lovely. I love it when people post links to great video clips. It is really inspiring and makes me feel good. Thanks heaps.
I don't get 'jigs'

HallelujahAl

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 11:52:38 AM »

Beautiful - here's the link (I think) to the sheet music arrangement by Dom
http://riviere.auzeau.org/pdf/LA%20PARTIDA%20accordeon.pdf
AL

triskel

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 03:10:49 PM »

I have an idea that this is a Chaville model, as the grille seems to be flat, whereas (according to the Saltarelle website) the Bourroche has a curved grille. Also, per Saltarelle, the Chaville has 60 bass buttons and the other 72. Unfortunately I can't even begin to count them in the clip, and I'll leave that to someone young and eagle-eyed.

You're right, and Jon (DrStrangetrousers on YouTube) was wrong! You can see the instrument plainly here; http://riviere.auzeau.org/instruments/instruments.html, on Dom's website (if you click on the moving image), whilst this is the new Bourroche: http://www.boite-accordeon.com/Images/IMG_0321.jpg

The Chaville looks like it's probably made by Dino Baffetti, whilst the Bourroche looks more like a Mengascini product.

triskel

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 03:29:52 PM »

Now to find which Montreuil ... I know the one South of Calais and I'll be heading back over to Euroland later this year so might take the opportunity to 'pop in' .....

xgx

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 10:51:01 PM »

If you look at "contact/acces" in the lefthand bar of the homepage, you'll find a map, address etc.

Found it via the bottom link of that page ...leads to another page and the acces link...

I think you mean 'East' ....it is East of Paris on the acces map link above........ I've been to the Eastern Montreuil (sur mer) several times.... very hand supermarket  (food and fuel) at the southern outskirts of the town

Thanks for the input folks (and for the dots  AL...ta! )
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 11:02:31 PM by oldsoke »
Graham

EeeJay

• Old Grey Paolo
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 11:08:41 PM »

Like I said, it's the one "outside Paris", and to the west. If you're using the Paris Métro, the stop is Croix de Chavaux on Line 9, just before its western terminus at Mairie de Montreuil.

Yep, Croix de Chavaux... bit out on a limb, but well worth a trip to M. Jarry's emporia. Laurent is a really nice guy, with the time of day to talk and explain - my rusty French was not really an issue... Came away with a big pile of books, methods, etc...

And there's another box shop round the corner from Laurent's... and at least another five other box shops within the Périphérique. Notwithstanding the flea markets, but I never had the time to go and mooch properly... next time perchance...

Paris is still such a good place to go mooching for all manner of esoteric stuff - luthiers of all sorts seem to abound in the oddest of corners...

For getting about though, the Métro is by far the only sensible option - driving around urban Paris, unless you absolutely have to, is bloody dreadful at the best of times...

Ed J
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:48:34 PM by EeeJay »

xgx

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 11:18:56 PM »

... driving around urban Paris, unless you absolutely have to, is bloody dreadful at the best of times...

Ed J

If it's anything like the centre of Toulouse on a Friday night between 5.50 and 6.30 ....

(Thought I'd told the satnav to go to the L'Union district... the B thing took me into the centre >:E... not recommended with a 6m motorhome ;D

If anyone knows of a good campsite close to a Metro station (the equivalent of Cockfosters ;D ;D)... do tell please
Graham

triskel

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 11:40:50 PM »

I think you mean 'East' ....it is East of Paris on the acces map link above........

Whoops, I did too!  ::)

I've now edited my text to correct that.

Laurent is a really nice guy, with the time of day to talk and explain - my rusty French was not really an issue...

Yes, he's a real enthusiast, and he seems to have been working on his English lately too - at least his more recent emails to me have been in English...

Diavolicchio

• Coast of Maine
  • Castagnari Magica 3° Chromatic
    • Lamb Abbey Orchards
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 09:28:19 PM »

John A Gasbarre
Union, Maine   USA
demon@diavolicchio.com
Castagnari Magica 3° Chromatic

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 10:19:13 PM »

Hi,
Just a help,
If you type your e mail into Babelfish and translate it,you can cut and paste it to your email thus sending it in translated form.
Hope this helps.

Pete
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk

Diavolicchio

• Coast of Maine
    • Lamb Abbey Orchards
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 10:29:44 PM »

Pete:

I appreciate the suggestion, but a translation into French isn't necessary at this point.     I just received an e-mail response from Laurent Jarry less than an hour or two after I e-mailed him.   

His English is impeccable.  :)

John
John A Gasbarre
Union, Maine   USA
demon@diavolicchio.com

nemethmik

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 11:04:44 PM »

Let me know, would you?    Thanks.
Hello John,
I've been going through this process and the members this forum helped me a lot.
And now it's my turn to pass along the results of my search experiences.
Have a look at this thread
http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php/topic,2455.0.html
Originally, I wanted a Saltarelle but I found them too expensive to my resources.
Beltuna was very responsive and has (much) better prices (with handmade reeds) and beautiful instruments.
Dino (Milena) Baffetti was very helpful, too and they have great prices, great reeds but no wood-finished boxes.
The best support and responsiveness I received from
http://www.beltrami-fisarmoniche.it/fisarmoniche.php?id3=65
Claudio has perfect English and he is a real gentleman: La Petite is a superb instrument at a reasonable price (with handmade reeds).
The other favorite is
http://www.cooperfisa.com/fise.php?id=10
Emiliana has perfect English and she is very helpful; great reeds at an affordable price. The 5-row 2-reed (handmade) Perla 300/A is 5.1 kg only.
Mengascini was very helpful and responsive but too high prices for me.
Keep in mind that for the price of Saltarelle Chaville (2-reed) you could get a Beltrami La Petite (3-reed (handmade)).
For the money of a Bourroche, you could buy the Mengascini Retro.
If you want a light 2-reed 5-row CBA the Cooperfisa Perla 300/A is only (about) half the price (even with handmade reeds) of the Chaville.
Before you misunderstand me: if you have the money go for the Saltarelle models; they are great instruments.
Miki

Diavolicchio

• Coast of Maine
    • Lamb Abbey Orchards
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 11:12:55 PM »

Miki:

Such helpful information!   Thanks so much.   You've given me a ton of alternatives to investigate.

Which model did you (or will you eventually) get?   I'm curious to hear.

Thanks again,

John
John A Gasbarre
Union, Maine   USA
demon@diavolicchio.com

Diavolicchio

• Coast of Maine
    • Lamb Abbey Orchards
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 11:29:58 PM »

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:18:50 AM by Diavolicchio »
John A Gasbarre
Union, Maine   USA
demon@diavolicchio.com

Diavolicchio

• Coast of Maine
    • Lamb Abbey Orchards
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 01:45:49 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWay7VQ_lZM), that I'm sold on having him do this with a Bourroche.

I really appreciate all of the suggestions though!

John

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:48:58 AM by Diavolicchio »
John A Gasbarre
Union, Maine   USA
demon@diavolicchio.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal