Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Searchable Danish Tune Collection  (Read 1343 times)

Matthew B

Searchable Danish Tune Collection
« on: June 19, 2016, 02:52:25 PM »

Just found this very nicely set-up searchable collection of Danish tunes:

http://spillefolk.dk/nodesamlingen/

Unsurprisingly there are many polkas, polskas, pols, and scottisches.
Charter Member Presumpscot and Fore River Accordion Club

Corinto

• Regular debater
  • Spain/Brasil/Belgium
Re: Searchable Danish Tune Collection
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 03:03:30 PM »

Thanks Matthew B
Very interesting
Carpe diem, C.

Jack Campin

• Jack Campin's Home Page
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 03:38:57 PM »

It covers the whole of Scandinavia, not just Denmark.

Has it just been publicized somewhere?  I've been using it for about 15 years, didn't think it was that obscure even when I started, but this is the second "I just found this" post I've seen this week.
http://www.campin.me.uk/

I can't figure out how to quit but I will no longer check this group and have deleted all shortcuts to it.

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 04:44:28 PM »

Thanks, Matthew. I'm always grateful for pointers to new resources.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Matthew B

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 01:57:37 AM »

It covers the whole of Scandinavia, not just Denmark.

Has it just been publicized somewhere?  I've been using it for about 15 years, didn't think it was that obscure even when I started, but this is the second "I just found this" post I've seen this week.

My excitement at the "discovery" probably boils down to the fact that I'm not really paying attention.  I think I've stumbled across the site previously, but on this occasion, looking for a tune, I was impressed by the fact that it conveniently delivered the dots, an audio file, and a little bit of background about origins, composers, and so on.  Perhaps the search algorithms are pushing it up the list a bit these days, and so more people are finding it now?  Whatever the case, it's a good resource.  It seems to be quite active, and is frequently updated.  And as you note, it covers other bits of Scandinavia, but from what I can tell it seems to originate in Denmark. 

Charter Member Presumpscot and Fore River Accordion Club

Jack Campin

• Jack Campin's Home Page
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 09:50:16 AM »

It was one of the projects at Folketshus, an anarchist community centre in the Christiania hippie-free-state enclave in Oslo.  That was the last bit of Christiania to keep functioning, but soon after I found out about the site the Danish state expropriated the centre and gave it to a hard-right Christian sect.  They lost everything but their files, and the site is now based somewhere else (with its own URL, not part of the "folketshus" domain), but I don't know more than that about it.

This is the nearest site I know of in the way it's organized, with scores and sample videos.  It's for Turkish music (art music, folk music, tangos) and it's searchable by mode:

http://sarkilarnotalar.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.campin.me.uk/

I can't figure out how to quit but I will no longer check this group and have deleted all shortcuts to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal