Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Concertina Search  (Read 6734 times)

Andy Next Tune

• aka Andy Wooles
  • Melodeon with Accidentals? Make a PI Claim!!!
    • www.shavethedonkey.co.uk
Re: Concertina Search
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 07:38:08 PM »

Kensington Concertinas - interesting website.
Andy, from the now ex-County Palatine of Cheshire

Caring for a European community of melodeons from France, Italy, Germany, Wales and Suffolk!

ceemonster

• Regular debater
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2016, 09:03:53 PM »

[[[I have owned a Jeffries  38 button and had on permanent loan a Jeffries C/G 38 button...

I much prefer the Button Box/Morse accordeon reeded models to any of the above... either the Lachenal or the Jeffries.]]]

Is this because of tone personality, or you find the action faster/more responsive?  Just curious, because I'm spending much of my time playing a Morse with a Tipo-A-Mano reed upgrade lately and neglecting my very nice concertina-reeded instrument.

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2016, 09:28:42 PM »

I was talking to a lady concertina player t'other night. She was playing what was described as a Jeffries with Jones action. It was not full size, which suited her hands better. She said she preferred the action of a Morse box box she also had, and thought it quicker and lighter, but, being a full size box, she struggled to reach all the buttons.

I have a Marcus, which I tried against a number of other older "quality" boxes on offer at Chris Algar's stall some years ago. I kept coming back to the Marcus, against the more traditional boxes, as I much preferred the action.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:32:41 PM by malcolmbebb »
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

melodeon

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2016, 09:38:03 PM »

"Is this because of tone personality, or you find the action faster/more responsive?  Just curious, because I'm spending much of my time playing a Morse with a Tipo-A-Mano reed upgrade lately and neglecting my very nice concertina-reeded instrument. "

Yes to all the above.

Light, fast, well made, great tone and playability.. also.. projection and..
my wife could tolerate the Morse, but had no room in her heart for either of the Jeffries or the Lachenal.

I sold my Lachenal  C/G earlier this year after, once again, playing a Morse.

Hasse

• Respected Sage
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2016, 08:41:20 PM »

Have a look at A P James concertinas - really good sound/quality for the money -

http://www.apjmusic.co.uk/apj_30button_anglo.htm
Sweden, Skåne
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal