Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sophie Cavez and Baltazar Montanaro - Gaspacho  (Read 1262 times)

benammiswift

• Regular debater
  • Squeezing for Derbyshire
    • benammiswift.co.uk
Sophie Cavez and Baltazar Montanaro - Gaspacho
« on: July 05, 2016, 04:59:40 PM »

Hi everyone

I've recently fell in love with Sophie Cavez and Baltazar Montanaro's music and found this video of them: http://youtube.com/watch?v=srVvtqsQJsY

I was wondering if someone with a better ear than I could help me to note it out, so far I have that it's in G minor/ Bb major but could well be wrong and only managed to work out the first line.

Thanks for any help

Benammi
Castagnari Handry 18

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
Re: Sophie Cavez and Baltazar Montanaro - Gaspacho
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 06:08:24 PM »

Absolutely lovely. You're on the right lines with Bb / G minor. I don't think I've got much time to offer to help - it's a slow process for me, because I instantly forget what I've heard, but let me know how you go.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

fc diato

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 12:27:34 PM »

I thought I remembered having downloaded a transcription of this at some point (though still beyond my skills, alas)
After some digging, it turns out it's right here on melnet!

Search for Gaspacho and you'll find a lovely Dec 2012 "derek the nutter" rendition on soundcloud, and on the bottom of the thread, a transcription in PDF. 
fc diato

robotmay

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 01:52:28 PM »

Here's a direct link to save everyone searching: http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php/topic,11254.msg140424.html#msg140424  (:)
It's a cracking tune, and I had a go at learning it by ear last week (but the transcription will help with that). If your G/C box has accidentals set up in a vaguely sensible way then Bb is quite doable on it, as Sophie is demonstrating in that video. And it should, in theory, be easier on your C/F box benammi.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal