Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sidmouth melnet meet?  (Read 6931 times)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Re: Sidmouth melnet meet?
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2016, 12:08:00 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion, Martin. The 1922 Club enjoyed our session this year and are happy to have us back next year, but it is worth keeping the YMCA suggestion as a back-up, in case things change at the 1922 Club.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Phil B

• Regular debater
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2016, 12:53:30 PM »

Bob, thanks for organizing this It was good to actually meet some other members. I agree the venue was a good one in fact I had a lunchtime pint and roll there a few times later in the week and they were very welcoming.
Just a thought for other years would be to have a rolling meet, in the corner by the small stage, on several days at a set time during their opening hours it might give more opportunities for people to meet up. I am sure, if asked, the club stewards would be amenable they appear to be keen to encourage greater use of the refurbished facilities
Phil B

vof

• Regular debater
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2016, 07:02:47 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion, Martin. The 1922 Club enjoyed our session this year and are happy to have us back next year, but it is worth keeping the YMCA suggestion as a back-up, in case things change at the 1922 Club.

Thank you Bob for all the effort you put into making this year's meet happen. I really enjoyed meeting the melnetters who could get to the 1922 club on Monday, and trying out your Gabbanelli box. Also pleased I followed up on your suggestion to come along to the Rugby Club evening session. Really enjoyable all round.

Vince
Vince O'Farrell
Dino BPII; Hohners: Pokerwork D/G (fettled by Theo; 4th button start, Viennese tuning, and thirds stop by Mike Rowbotham); red Erica G/C; couple of 1040s in C and G project boxes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal