Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loose Knit Band sessions at Sidmouth  (Read 1589 times)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
Loose Knit Band sessions at Sidmouth
« on: August 07, 2016, 11:50:32 AM »

Thanks to everybody who came to the Loose Knit Band sessions during this year's Folk Week. The new venue in the Connaught Bar of the Rugby Club seemed to work very well and there was a really positive vibe. The Rugby Club committee were very enthusiastic and supportive and plans are already well advanced to hold a reunion weekend at the end of March or the beginning of April. The Rugby Club is also keen for us to return next August.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

tekyinblack

• Good talker
Re: Loose Knit Band sessions at Sidmouth
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 08:31:37 AM »

Thanks for getting us the venue Bob. It did work out ok and the food looked excellent value.

Sadly the Balfour was a bit quiet, they just don't seem to quite get it right.
Castagnari Sander D/G, Hohner Club III D/G, Hohner Liliput Eb/Bb, Hohner Club II C/F

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 12:08:30 PM »

Bob, I'm glad it all went well and the new venue was welcoming.
When you do finalise a reunion gig later in the year, please can you publicise it on here. I'll try and make it this time!
Cheers
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 10:03:25 PM »

Yes, I will certainly post it here once the dates are finalised.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 08:00:37 AM »

Thank you
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal