Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: strengths & weaknesses  (Read 8690 times)

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
Re: strengths & weaknesses
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2009, 09:21:48 AM »

Strength
Spelling the low end of a melodeon as BASS not BASE

Weakness
Pedantry - but I don't necessarily see it as a weakness

;D

Sandy

• 'Musical Landlady'
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2009, 01:10:02 PM »

Strength
I can carry my melodeon half a mile up the road to the session at my local.

Weakness
I can't always carry it back!   :D

cheers
Sandy
 (:)

Mike Higgins

• Respected Sage
    • Strolling to Italy
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2009, 03:27:22 PM »

weakness:  pull

Pulling has never been a strength of mine.
Mike from Ponte Caffaro

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2009, 04:22:13 PM »

Weaknesses: I worry that people are thinking that the bases I am playing are not the right ones. ( I flatly refuse to change rows and bellows direction to put in one Em base because someone who plays an accordian and doesn't have to worry about bellows direction or row thought that it sounded quite nice)
I cannot stand people who have been playing for 6 weeks and tell you you are playing in the wrong key because they have that tune in a book. (me grumpy old woman !!! well maybe just a bit!!)
I cheat when playing fast Irish stuff and don't play base at all unless it is a tune which i have had time to sit down and think about and maybe have had the music and will probably never play a base line for a slide.
Chocolate

sue

I am the sort of person who would think that you are playing the wrong bass and would go to extraordinary measures to put in one Em :P The rest of it I empathise with wholeheartedly though.
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
  • Castagnari Tommy D/G, Hohner 1 row 4 stop in C
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 04:28:24 PM »

Weaknesses: I worry that people are thinking that the bases I am playing are not the right ones. ( I flatly refuse to change rows and bellows direction to put in one Em base because someone who plays an accordian and doesn't have to worry about bellows direction or row thought that it sounded quite nice)
I cannot stand people who have been playing for 6 weeks and tell you you are playing in the wrong key because they have that tune in a book. (me grumpy old woman !!! well maybe just a bit!!)
I cheat when playing fast Irish stuff and don't play base at all unless it is a tune which i have had time to sit down and think about and maybe have had the music and will probably never play a base line for a slide.
Chocolate

sue

I am the sort of person who would think that you are playing the wrong bass and would go to extraordinary measures to put in one Em :P The rest of it I empathise with wholeheartedly though.
you see I wouldn't worry...as I wouldn't know if I was playing the right or wrong basses.
Ignorance is bliss. :P
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal