Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stéphane Landry's Hommage à Gérard Lajoie  (Read 1878 times)

robotmay

Stéphane Landry's Hommage à Gérard Lajoie
« on: September 08, 2016, 02:56:54 PM »

The last tune of this fantastic set played by Le Vent du Nord: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOnK9eR_OfY (starts around 2:35)

Anyone got some sheet music or ABC notation for it?
I'll sit down with it playing at 0.25x speed if needed to try and transcribe it, but it'd certainly save me a confusing few days if anyone happened to have it lying around already! ;D

I also rather like the other two tunes if anyone has those as well. I've got a pretty decent ABC file of Quebec tunes, but I don't think I have any of these.

Stiamh

• Old grey C#/D pest
    • Packie Manus Byrne
Re: Stéphane Landry's Hommage à Gérard Lajoie
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 04:04:41 PM »

Very simple melodically and I think you would be better served by learning it by ear to get all the diddly bits. Listen a ton of times, stay on the D row and it should play itself soon enough :)

Here's a different tune that you might like - the one you are interested in reminds me of it in places: Le reel des accordéonistes. As you might expect, beautifully suited to the box, esp. in the third part. Got it from Sabin Jacques, who didn't know who composed it.

X:107
T:LE REEL DES ACCORDÉONISTES
R:reel
S:Sabin Jacques
Z:Steve Jones 2013-08-31
M:C|
L:1/8
K:D
FFG|:A3f edcB|AdAG FDEF|GAGF EBBB|ABAG FDFG|
A3f edcB|ABAG F2EF|GFEF GABc|1dfec d2FG:|2dfec d3 B|
|:BBGB ddcB|AAFA dDEF|GECE A,ECE|DEFG A2FA|
|(3BdB GB d2 cB|AAFA d2cd|efed cBAG|1FABc d3B:|2FABc d4|
|:dBGd BGdA|FdAF ddcd|(3efe (3ded (3cdc (3BcB|ABAG FAdd|
dBGd BGdA|FdAF ddcd|efed cBAG|1FABc defe:|2FABc d2 FG|]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 04:13:28 PM by Stiamh »

robotmay

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 06:53:32 PM »

Ooh thanks Stiamh! I'll have a go at that one too; I'm trying to find and learn a lot more Québécois music at the moment, so any recommendations are very welcome ;D

Still don't have an especially well-suited box for it. I might try playing these on a little old A/D box I've been restoring, as it has a quick response and it's lightweight, which seems to be the necessary combination!

Stiamh

• Old grey C#/D pest
    • Packie Manus Byrne
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 07:26:52 PM »

I'm trying to find and learn a lot more Québécois music at the moment, so any recommendations are very welcome...
A sizeable number of tunes - sheet music and recorded examples - can be found here: http://www.mustrad.udenap.org/  Click "Le repertoire".

BTW I suspect that few people back up the URL to http://www.udenap.org/ 

A fanciful site describing a fictional educational establishment. The author is an acquaintance. You'd have to have passed through the town of Napierville (pop. 3500) to fully appreciate the absurdity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal