Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: French Group looking for gigs in England  (Read 863 times)

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
French Group looking for gigs in England
« on: September 22, 2016, 01:43:09 PM »

While I was in Morvan, I met Pierre Marceau, a talented melodeon player who was taught by Christian Maes and who currently plays in the band P'tite Moisson. He and two friends (another melodeon player and a bagpiper) are hoping to come over to England sometime around the end of January and they are looking for opportunities to play over here. They can do folk club gigs, play for dances and teach workshops about tunes and/or dances from the Morvan area. Two of them speak reasonable English. I can say from personal experience that the music of the Morvan is wonderful and that Pierre is a good player. I haven't heard his two friends, but I would expect them to be of similar standard. If you know of anybody who might be interested in booking them, please let me know.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

Martin P

• Respected Sage
Re: French Group looking for gigs in England
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 10:04:53 PM »

They might like to contact D'Accord French dance club in Exeter who oftenhave visiting musicians. I can send you contact details but they have a website.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal