Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theme of the Month for October 2016: Tunes from the British Isles  (Read 3555 times)

forrest

• Other Places::
  • digits still functioning
Re: Theme of the Month for October 2016: Tunes from the British Isles
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2016, 12:53:36 AM »

A homespun version of Road to Lisdoonvarna, and Foxhunters Slip Jig, on a Hohner D/G in silver celluloid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POJi2AFM28w

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2016, 12:07:49 PM »

Thanks everyone - on to the next theme; late submissions welcome as ever - just stick 'em on the end.

Jack Campin

• Jack Campin's Home Page
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2016, 12:37:19 PM »

I just got a copy of the CD "Travailleurs de la Mer" by Andrew Lawrence-King and the Harp Consort, of music from Guernsey.  The words are more local (and more interesting) than the tunes, which are mostly Breton and French, but there are a few tunes that Lawrence-King claims are from Guernsey itself (and he should know, he's from there).  Not very melodeon-friendly, though.
http://www.campin.me.uk/

I can't figure out how to quit but I will no longer check this group and have deleted all shortcuts to it.

ladydetemps

• Emote Wizard
  • Forum Librarian
  • Castagnari Tommy D/G, Hohner 1 row 4 stop in C
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2017, 02:02:08 PM »

Here's the Trade Wind Hornpipe and Corn Riggs.
Listeners of a certain generation (myself included, natch) will, of course, know the first one as (part of) the theme of BBC radio's The Navy Lark.

https://youtu.be/VqIf7-LB9pM

The first one almost qualifies for the summer theme of "something you've just learnt" as I found the music back in June and had a go at learning it then.
I've been trying to get the hang of the trade wind hornpipe for ages. It a always turn out like a less Dawson version as soon as I speed up. Lol

Roger Howard

• Respected Sage
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2017, 03:30:36 PM »

I just got a copy of the CD "Travailleurs de la Mer" by Andrew Lawrence-King and the Harp Consort, of music from Guernsey.  The words are more local (and more interesting) than the tunes, which are mostly Breton and French, but there are a few tunes that Lawrence-King claims are from Guernsey itself (and he should know, he's from there).  Not very melodeon-friendly, though.
Excellent cd, though!

R
Serafini 3 row Pignol-Milleret, Preciosa Bb/Eb, G/C Gaillard 2 row, 3 voice, D/G Lilly in Maple.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.