Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bernard Loffet 3 Row  (Read 4379 times)

Schnorbitz

• Regular debater
Re: Bernard Loffet 3 Row
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 06:03:44 PM »

We carry extensive stock anyway and always have instruments on order for stock so normally can supply quickly.

Pete, just out of interest, what is the turn around Castagnari are currently quoting on a d/g/acc Handry at the moment.

benammiswift

• Regular debater
  • Squeezing for Derbyshire
    • benammiswift.co.uk
Re: Bernard Loffet 3 Row
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2016, 07:52:27 PM »

What they quote has very little bearing on what time it actually takes from my experience. I've had missed delivery dates on both my Handyrs but they still arrived in decent time so I have no need to complain. My guess would be around 4 months but Pete is your man.

Going back to the reed discussion I have to disagree with the Ferrari. the incredible instrument quality is matched by incredible reed quality. I've had my D/G/Acc Handry for over a year now and I really play the hell out of her, using her for everything from morris to ceilidhs. The reeds are sweet as anything through a large dynamic range and the response is even across all three rows and three octaves and the same can be said for all 18 basses. They have also been played in incredibly well and have strayed little if at all whilst bedding in so i really don't see that the reeds are an issue. To me it's a Ferrari with a Ferrari Engine in it, I've never played a bad Castagnari of any age or model which is complement I regrettably can't extend to some other makes.

Benammi
Castagnari Handry 18
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal