Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with matissschubert?  (Read 1447 times)

Walleye

• Good talker
Trouble with matissschubert?
« on: October 06, 2016, 11:03:25 PM »

Has anyone used the matissschubert website for converting an abc tune to tabs?  I've tried several times and get nowhere.  I copy an abc tune into the ABC Editor, select Done, choose Diatonic Accordion Fingering on the Convert Tune screen, pick an accordion and row, select Ready, then select Convert View (or Convert Download), choose file type (pdf) and absolutely nothing happens.  I'm running Windows 10. I doesn't work using iPad IOS either.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

JimmyM

• Regular debater
Re: Trouble with matissschubert?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 11:21:57 PM »

I havnt used it recently -been trying hard to  play from the dots but in the past I have and its been fine. All noticed d the web address has changed recently maybe that affects it

Jack Campin

• Jack Campin's Home Page
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 11:29:50 PM »

That is one heck of an incomprehensible site.  I couldn't get it to do anything with ABC I pasted in.
http://www.campin.me.uk/

I can't figure out how to quit but I will no longer check this group and have deleted all shortcuts to it.

vof

• Regular debater
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 12:54:08 AM »

Has anyone used the matissschubert website for converting an abc tune to tabs?  I've tried several times and get nowhere.  I copy an abc tune into the ABC Editor, select Done, choose Diatonic Accordion Fingering on the Convert Tune screen, pick an accordion and row, select Ready, then select Convert View (or Convert Download), choose file type (pdf) and absolutely nothing happens.  I'm running Windows 10. I doesn't work using iPad IOS either.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

I've just used it with XP/Firefox 49.0.1 and it seems to work but I agree that the UI is not particularly intuitive. I discovered that whether I used Convert View or Convert Download it quietly downloaded the PDF in the background and did not confirm the download or offer to open the PDF. When I looked at the contents of my download folder, I found copies of the tab files from the times I had clicked on the Convert View/Download buttons.

Vince
Vince O'Farrell
Dino BPII; Hohners: Pokerwork D/G (fettled by Theo; 4th button start, Viennese tuning, and thirds stop by Mike Rowbotham); red Erica G/C; couple of 1040s in C and G project boxes.

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 01:16:12 AM »

It worked for me using Mac OS X El Capitan with Firefox, but not for Safari.

It was interesting - I gave it an E minor tune (Enlist for a Sailor) without any chords and specified a 2-row D/G Erica using both rows. The conversion was rather clever and it came up with a good balance of cross-row fingerings on both pull and push which would fit nicely with LH chords in both the Em and G major sections of the tune.

As other have remarked though, it is not particularly intuitive to use and a few more instructions/explanations would be helpful.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

vof

• Regular debater
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 01:22:00 AM »

It worked for me using Mac OS X El Capitan with Firefox, but not for Safari.

It was interesting - I gave it an E minor tune (Enlist for a Sailor) without any chords and specified a 2-row D/G Erica using both rows. The conversion was rather clever and it came up with a good balance of cross-row fingerings on both pull and push which would fit nicely with LH chords in both the Em and G major sections of the tune.

As other have remarked though, it is not particularly intuitive to use and a few more instructions/explanations would be helpful.

I tried again with the following ABC which it said included invalid syntax though I believe it is valid:

T:Schottische à Virmoux
C:Frederic Paris
Z:Steve Mansfield
R:schottische
M:2/2
L:1/8
%Q:1/4=150
K:Gmaj
P:A
"G"BdcB d3B |"D7" cBcd "Em"e2d2 |"G" dgdB "D7"c2BA |"G" BdBG "D7"A4 |
"G" BdcB d3B |"D7" cBcd "Em"e2d2 |"G"dgdB "D7"c2BA |"G" GdcB G4 :|
P:B
|: "G"g2d2 g3f |"Em" edef  "C"gage |"G" d2G2 "D7"d2cB |"D7"ABcd  "Em"edef |
"G" g2d2g3f |"Em" edef "C"gage |"G" d2G2 "D7"d2cB |"D7" ABcd "G"G4 :|

It was possibly the chords or the accented character which threw it but I have sent Matiss feedback on this and other minor glitches, including Internal Server Error when trying to use the Contact Form.

Vince
Vince O'Farrell
Dino BPII; Hohners: Pokerwork D/G (fettled by Theo; 4th button start, Viennese tuning, and thirds stop by Mike Rowbotham); red Erica G/C; couple of 1040s in C and G project boxes.

Jack Campin

• Jack Campin's Home Page
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 01:28:18 AM »

You need an X: field at the start.  Without that, it isn't ABC.
http://www.campin.me.uk/

I can't figure out how to quit but I will no longer check this group and have deleted all shortcuts to it.

Walleye

• Good talker
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 04:01:40 AM »

I haven't found anything in my download folder either. Matisse did respond and said there might be interference from an add blocker or popup blocker but I haven't found any of those on my browser. Will maybe try FireFox as Chrome isn't working for me.

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 07:44:52 AM »

I tried again with the following ABC which it said included invalid syntax though I believe it is valid:

<etc.>

It was possibly the chords or the accented character which threw it but I have sent Matiss feedback on this and other minor glitches, including Internal Server Error when trying to use the Contact Form.

I added a X:1 field to your ABC and tried it using Firefox. With the accented 'à' in the title the invalid syntax message was generated, but it worked successfully when I removed the accented character, so I reckon that's what was causing the glitch.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

vof

• Regular debater
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 10:07:43 AM »

You need an X: field at the start.  Without that, it isn't ABC.

<etc.>

I added a X:1 field to your ABC and tried it using Firefox. With the accented 'à' in the title the invalid syntax message was generated, but it worked successfully when I removed the accented character, so I reckon that's what was causing the glitch.

Thanks Jack and Steve. I did have an X: field in my ABC - it got lost during the copy-and-paste into my post.

Thanks Steve for doing the experiment I was too lazy to do myself (but it was long past my bedtime ;) ).

Vince
Vince O'Farrell
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal