Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Teaching on North Tyneside  (Read 2036 times)

Maltyne

• Wow this box is loud
    • My Band
Teaching on North Tyneside
« on: October 10, 2016, 05:38:03 PM »

Hi peeps

I am looking for a complete beginner teacher on Tyneside. I have Dave Grey's number but he has been away on tour and the teacher I was going to use has moved to Norway as part of his Degree course. I have a Pokerwork D/G I would like to get to grips with. Unfortunately they still aren't doing beginners lessons at the Sage which is a shame. Obviously the Melodeon doesn't feature much in the Sage folk music programme...

Cheers for any help

MAL
Wishing music was my day job

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
Re: Teaching on North Tyneside
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 05:50:40 PM »

I think Theo might be your man.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

MelonBox

• Respected Sage
    • Mel Biggs Music | Melodeon Teacher
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 06:21:56 PM »

Hi Mal

I teach via Skype and would be happy to discuss tuition with you. Drop me a line mel@melodemon.co.uk

PS Skype has become a viable option for almost all of my students, here in the UK and across the globe! Don't be put off trying it

Mel
Castagnari Trilly DG and GC, Castagnari Tommy DG all by Acorn Instruments,
Hohner Picoletta Bb/Eb and Hohner Student 1 C/F conversion set up by Mike Rowbotham.

Pick Up & Play with Mel Biggs - Online beginners course: https://melbiggsmusic.co.uk/puap

Mel Biggs Musician | Melodeon Teacher
www.melbiggsmusic.co.uk

jikeym

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 09:52:26 AM »

Hi
Did you manage to find a tutor?
I currently attend Dave Grays flat for lessons. Yes he does go on tour occasionally
but not so much so that he can't take on pupils.
M

AnnC

• Succumbing to MAD 😊
  • Respected Sage
  • Forget the tea, just pass me a large Gin 🍸
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 06:33:34 PM »

........ Unfortunately they still aren't doing beginners lessons at the Sage which is a shame. Obviously the Melodeon doesn't feature much in the Sage folk music programme...

(:) ooooh! the Sage is within striking (and staying B&B ) distance ...... I'll keep an eye out for Melodeon courses there, but if you could flag any up I'd be very grateful as "Murphy's Law" will make sure I forget to check their website the one time they advertise them  ;) :|||:       
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 06:50:09 PM by AnnC »
On the bracing North Yorkshire Coast :D

You hum it pet.......I'll play it......but not necessarily in the same key 🎶😊
 3 lovely Liliputs, a Preciosa, a Pokerwork & a C/G Anglo concertina :D

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 08:16:27 PM »

The Sage periodically has 'fresh starts' as it is frequently in a state of flux.
Although this is less than ideal, it does mean they might listen to requests to provide courses in particular instruments. If they feel a demand, they might incorporate something in one of their many rethinks.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 08:31:04 PM »

Dave Gray is worth contacting and he isn't on tour at the moment. Theo also teaches. Mel Biggs teaches by skype. I am one of her students and it works for me and many others across the Globe.
There is talk of setting up a local Melodeon Group which I anticipate will be more of a session. We are also planning a North East Melodeon Playgroup this Summer which is intended for beginners and improvers, ie lessons. Watch this space.   

Robert Englund

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 08:59:11 PM »

My gift to myself this last Christmas was a Hohner Pokerwork. I'm a rank beginner, learning from this forum and DVDs by John Spiers and John Kirkpatrick. That's all I've got. I've not been able to find a real live teacher locally. I'd also be very much interested in local tuition in Newcastle.

Nigel

• Respected Sage
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 12:52:46 PM »

My gift to myself this last Christmas was a Hohner Pokerwork. I'm a rank beginner, learning from this forum and DVDs by John Spiers and John Kirkpatrick. That's all I've got. I've not been able to find a real live teacher locally. I'd also be very much interested in local tuition in Newcastle.
Get yourself along to the North East Melodeon Group session in Newcastle on 9 March. Also, the Melodeon Playgroup - North East I event is designed for players like yourself. You'll find details of both events in "News and Events". 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal