Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: buying melodeon in France  (Read 2731 times)

tostean

buying melodeon in France
« on: October 13, 2016, 06:34:35 PM »

I have a freind going to France for a pair of months. He wants to see and eventually buy a french brand during that voyage. I've supplied him with info about Loffet, Gaillard and 8-9 otherbrands. But two places I cannot find anymore and hope that some of you at melnet can help me:

1) My link to Marc Serafini does'nt work anymore, looks like he has stopped producing. I can find a shop searching his name, with a only a few of his production, that's all?? 

2) I have in my archive an adress for buying and selling seconhand 2R in France - http://www.dia-tonic.com/ - site still is there but menu seems dead. Is that marketplace shut down?? Does anyone know others alike?

Kind regards, tostean/DK

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
Re: buying melodeon in France
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 06:39:14 PM »

Either this one http://diatoccaz.fr/index.html
Or this one https://www.leboncoin.fr/
Work for me. I recently bought a playable Corona IIIR from the second site, for €350.

Good luck

Sir John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Roger Howard

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 07:29:08 PM »

Marc Serafini is, I believe, taking a sabbatical until the new year. Playandteach probably is more up to date than anyone else, I think.

Jeremie Vanglabeke is well worth a look, if your friend is anywhere Roanne.

Roger
G/C Gaillard 2 row, 3 voice, D/G Lilly, D/G Pariselle 2.6 row, Preciosa Bb/Eb.

Bob Ellis

• Hero?....Where's my medal, then?
  • Ain't I cute?
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 08:30:58 PM »

...so is Clément Guais, if he is anywhere near Château-Gontier.
Bob in beautiful Wensleydale, Les Panards Dansants, Crook Morris and the Loose Knit Band.
Clément Guais 3-row D/G/acc.; Castagnari 1914 D/G; Karntnerland Steirische 3-row G/C/F; Ellis Pariselle 2.6-row D/G/acc.; Gabbanelli Compact 2-row D/G with lots of bling, pre-war Hohner Bb/F; Acadian one-row in D.

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 08:31:29 PM »

Marc Serafini was keen to get my reed blocks soon, and I don't know the reason - I hope it is that he intends to be busy with other projects soon, but I don't like to read between the lines. His website has had a couple of postponements to being up and running - was supposed to be July, then August - but no updates since then. His site is Mondiato.com - but you'll be out of luck for a while.
I've emailed a couple of sellers over the last couple of years on Diatoccaz (there's a G/C Lilly I was interested in at a good price) - but I've never had a response - the emails go through the website, and I thought it was a coincidence that two separate sellers failed to respond entirely.
There is another website:
annonces.accordeondiatonique.fr/
which often carries ads for the same instruments.
I'm sure you've alerted him to Clement Guais too. (Bob beat me to this one)
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

rees

• Windjammer
    • Wesson Accordions
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 08:48:03 PM »

Marc Serafini is, I believe, taking a sabbatical until the new year.

I've just had one of those. No melodeons made June to October. Very refreshing, what fun we had!
Well done Marc.
Back in the workshop now, they're queuing up the street ............
Rees Wesson (accordion builder and mechanic)
Gungrog, Welshpool, Wales, UK
www.melodeons.com

tostean

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 06:16:11 PM »

Thank you very much for your answers, most useful. Now we know a pair of 'unkown' french brands, and where to look for seconhand diatonics also. I'll send the info to my travelling freind, many thanks from him too.

Probably you don't know much about me, so may I present myself a bit by inviting you to see/hear the YT-clips below? A danish trio playing trad. swedish dancetunes (and a few norvegian and finnish)  - here's two Polska's >>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgDSdCSW8VY - Polska från Rödön

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEMy9MUTz2M - Polska efter Ström-Erske

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 07:05:23 PM »

Another possibility is to join Emmanuel Pariselle and myself with 9 others at Embraud in early July 2017 and build your own.
http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php/topic,19362.0/nowap.html
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 03:28:36 PM »

If commissioning an instrument it may make sense to pay for it before article 50 acts (ie 2 years after our Govt gets round to ut).  You will have to take your own vies at to €/£ fluctuation but I am expecting to have to pay duty on both melodeons and booze in future. The old duty on accordeons was AFAIR about 15%.  I have no idea what will happen wrt VAT

Loss of any single market benefits should be at least 30 months off, but some of these guys work quite slooowly.   :|glug
  _       _    _      _ 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal