Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeons and More 25th March 2017  (Read 5630 times)

Katie Howson

• Regular debater
Melodeons and More 25th March 2017
« on: November 16, 2016, 12:34:38 PM »

The full details for Melodeons and More 2017 will be confirmed shortly!

In the meantime, I can tell you that the following tutors are confirmed: Saul Rose, Nick Cooke, Rees Wesson, Sandra Kerr, Jeannie Harris and Katie Howson.

Booking opens on December 13th.

To get the full details, have a look at the Melodeons and More webpage: www.eatmt.org.uk/m&m.htm or you can sign up for our newsletter at www.eatmt.org.uk/index.htm

Katie Howson

• Regular debater
Re: Melodeons and More 25th March 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 11:30:11 AM »

All the details for Melodeons and More are now on the EATMT website and booking opens today for Friends of EATMT (you can join now if you want to) otherwise you'll have to wait till 10th January.

Lots of lovely subjects, and lovely tutors Nick Cooke, Saul Rose, Sandra Kerr, Rees Wesson, Jeannie Harris, Katie Howson and Steve Dumpleton (sorry I left you off the last list somehow Steve!)

We're in the middle of Suffolk in a very scenic area, so why not make a weekend of it!

http://www.eatmt.org.uk/m&m.htm

Katie Howson

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 11:20:02 AM »

:|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :|||: :

Time to get your bookings in for Melodeons and More (25th March, Mendlesham, Suffolk) - there is still space in all workshops apart from one, but some are filling up now. I've already listed the tutors, here are the subjects - Building on the Basics (Steve Dumpleton); Phrasing / Right hand chords (Nick Cooke); Beautiful tunes / Odd Keys (Saul Rose); Playing with Feeling / Syncopation in early Scottish ragtime (though this one is more for concertina players) (Sandra Kerr); One Row / 'Not Accidentally on Purpose' (!) Rees Wesson; Building arrangements of a simple tune (Jeannie Harris) and Roll Back the Carpet - playing for dancing (Katie Howson) as well as opportunities for absolute beginners (not melnet members obviously, but possibly a partner or friend?). A lovely friendly event, attended by lots of melnetters, and all topped off with a fantastic concert with all the tutors including a one-off performance of 'The Four Stops' - we will be performing our greatest hits, but not 'Reach Out' or any other soul classics!

Any questions, ask away on here, if I'm not online answering, other regulars such as Steve Dumpleton and Andy Wooles will probably reply! Enquiries about bookings need to go via the website: www.eatmt.org.uk/m&m.htm

You might also like to sign up for our newsletter (see www.eatmt.org.uk/index.htm) to hear about other news and events.

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 12:11:08 PM »

Are there still places on Steve Dumpleton's workshops? Cheers, David

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 12:24:27 PM »

Are there still places on Steve Dumpleton's workshops? Cheers, David
I think so. At the moment (27th Jan) it's only Saul Rose's morning workshop which is full.
Your best option is to contact EATMT on info@eatmt.fsnet.co.uk to get the latest update.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 12:25:50 PM »

Thanks. Now I just need to confirm how many of my friends I can persuade to come to the evening concert!  ;)

Andy Next Tune

• aka Andy Wooles
  • Melodeon with Accidentals? Make a PI Claim!!!
    • www.shavethedonkey.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 12:39:07 PM »

And before someone asks, I am planning to organise a music session in the pub in Mendlesham for the Friday evening again.

Unless the pub has closed or changed landlords,  I'm sure we'll be welcomed back again.
Andy, from the now ex-County Palatine of Cheshire

Caring for a European community of melodeons from France, Italy, Germany, Wales and Suffolk!

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 09:51:29 AM »

Looking forward to this but going to be away for a couple of weeks in early March. When will the sheet music and sound files for Steve D's workshops be sent out?  I'd like to have a listen and do a bit of practice beforehand.  :||:

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 11:05:46 AM »

Looking forward to this but going to be away for a couple of weeks in early March. When will the sheet music and sound files for Steve D's workshops be sent out?  I'd like to have a listen and do a bit of practice beforehand.  :||:
The sheet music and recordings normally get sent out about two weeks or so beforehand, so perhaps around the 2nd week in March.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 02:17:51 PM »

Thanks Steve. I'll reserve some time in my diary for practice. Cheers, David

Rob Lands

• Regular debater
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 01:20:41 PM »

Got the music and CD's through today, thanks.

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 05:12:11 PM »

Mine arrived yesterday too. Shame I'm off skiing for the next two weeks (with no room for my box amongst the luggage/equipment). Will attempt an intensive week of learning leading up to the day.  (:)

penn

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 09:56:50 PM »

Mine arrived yesterday too. Shame I'm off skiing for the next two weeks (with no room for my box amongst the luggage/equipment).......
Same issue. Couldn't even squeeze the liliput in. iPod is loaded up with the tunes so I shall have to imagine playing as I slide down the pistes  (:)

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2017, 08:49:21 PM »

Yes I've got the tunes on my iPad to listen to and also the sheet music so I can try to work out the right hand fingering - that's if I find any time between actual skiing, the apres-ski activities and dinner!! Thanks to Steve Dumpleton (and the other tutors and organisers) for being so efficient.

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 09:01:11 AM »

Yes I've got the tunes on my iPad to listen to and also the sheet music so I can try to work out the right hand fingering - that's if I find any time between actual skiing, the apres-ski activities and dinner!! Thanks to Steve Dumpleton (and the other tutors and organisers) for being so efficient.
Back home now and have splashed out £1.99 on the MuseScore Songbook app to help me practice. It would be great if the MuseScore .mscz files could be circulated if they are available. Otherwise I'll have to create them from the sheet music.

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 09:07:33 AM »

Back home now and have splashed out £1.99 on the MuseScore Songbook app to help me practice. It would be great if the MuseScore .mscz files could be circulated if they are available. Otherwise I'll have to create them from the sheet music.
PM sent.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 10:38:42 AM »

Thanks, message received and responded to. David

quazza

Anyone got a one row in D I could rent for the day?
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 09:48:22 AM »

I'm thinking of making a late entry to M&M as various changes of plan mean I can.

What I need though is a one-row in D!! (I have them in G and C).

Anyone got a playable spare? I'll rent it for the day (£20 negotiable).

I know I can use a two-row but it doesn't quite do it for me.

911377brian

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 10:19:09 AM »

I can lend you one if you live near Brighton....

911377brian

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 10:20:17 AM »

PS. No need for rent, just don't break it..
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal