Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best gig bag for Serenellini Lady?  (Read 3094 times)

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
Best gig bag for Serenellini Lady?
« on: November 20, 2016, 02:26:16 PM »

I've just bought a Serenellini Lady (from the excellent Birmingham Accordion Centre) and am now looking for a suitable bag to carry it around in. So far I've identified as options: (1) the Hohner Gigbag 48 bass HO-AZ 5702 (£73 from Thomann or £60 from CGM Musical Services); (2) CGM's own heavy duty bag no. 202# (£40); (3) Italcinte no 512 (£45 from Allodi Accordions); (4) Ashbury Premium Melodeon Transport Bag (£33 from Amazon); and (5) Scarlatti Premium Melodeon Carrying Bag (£40 from Hobgoblin). Fuselli also make standard and "SuperPro" soft cases but I can only find them available from The Button Box in the USA.
Having invested nearly £2k in the Lady I'm quite prepared to spend an appropriate amount on protecting it so I'd be grateful for comments about any of the bags I've listed or suggestions for alternatives.

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
Re: Best gig bag for Serenellini Lady?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 02:31:06 PM »

The bags that Pete (Acorn Instruments) does seemed to be very good quality when I saw them at Melodeons @ Witney

http://www.acorninstruments.co.uk/listing.cfm?accessories

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 02:44:45 PM »

Yes, I second Lester's recommendation.
I have one for my Hascy and it is a good bag.
It has a full heavy duty zip all the way round and a snap buckle at the top too so belt and braces to prevent your beloved box falling out!
It has shoulder straps and carrying handles, and a front zipped pocket for music etc.

Pete can guide you on appropriate sizing for your melodeon.
I'm sure in a thread somewhere fairly recent, he's said it's an unbadged bag from a top Italian maker.
Anyway, they are good solid bags to keep your box safe and sound!
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 04:19:26 PM »

Yes, I've got the 8-12 bass one. Plenty of room for music inside too. I didn't want a tight fitting one. Sturd, comfy to carry and well equipped. The extra straps could be used to secure a music stand or coat.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 06:40:21 PM »

I have the Hohner one. It's roomy, but it's heavy, the shoulder straps are on the short side, and it started to look tired very quickly.
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

vof

• Regular debater
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 07:31:35 PM »

Yes, I've got the 8-12 bass one. Plenty of room for music inside too. I didn't want a tight fitting one. Sturd, comfy to carry and well equipped. The extra straps could be used to secure a music stand or coat.

Is that the £55 Professional gig bag rather than the smaller Lilly bag?

Vince
Vince O'Farrell
Dino BPII; Hohners: Pokerwork D/G (fettled by Theo; 4th button start, Viennese tuning, and thirds stop by Mike Rowbotham); red Erica G/C; couple of 1040s in C and G project boxes.

playandteach

• Currently a music teacher in a high school.
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 07:45:48 PM »

Yes, and it does have a Fusilli 8-12 bass label.
Serafini R2D2 GC, Serafini GC accs 18 bass

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 11:51:18 AM »

I think the Hascy is a bit smaller than my Lady. I need at least 34cm x 32cm x 17cm but the one shown on the Acorn website is only 31cm x 31cm x 17.5cm. The CGM 201D looks the right size. Does anyone have any experience of these?

dave t

• Good talker
  • DB Oakwood Super III/Pastourelle II
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 07:12:37 PM »

I would highly recommend getting in touch with Charlie at CGM Services: http://www.cgmmusical.co.uk. He's very helpful and I bought a fantastic padded gig bag/rucksack from him which would be a perfect size for a Serenellini Lady. In fact, it's so good I've bought a second one for my other box. It's heavily padded with handles, a little zip compartment and padded back support. Inside measurements are: 32 x 32 x 18 cms

Dave

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 11:19:45 AM »

Thanks to everyone for their valuable advice. I've had a long conversation with Pete at Acorn and now ordered a "large" bag from him. David

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 11:28:55 AM »

Thanks to everyone for their valuable advice. I've had a long conversation with Pete at Acorn and now ordered a "large" bag from him. David
Good choice! These are the best gig bags I have ever come across.
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Elledeepee

• Good talker
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 09:31:42 PM »

The bags that Pete (Acorn Instruments) does seemed to be very good quality when I saw them at Melodeons @ Witney

http://www.acorninstruments.co.uk/listing.cfm?accessories

I agree with Lester. I bought one from Pete at Witney for my Excelsior Bilbo which I think is a similar size to the Lady. I had the medium one as I have very padded straps and wanted the extra space and it fits snugly with the straps tucked over the top of the treble end. I like the large music pocket and the adjustable strap for stowing something rolled up (not the little smokey kind :) )
Morris dancer, flute and whistle player and improving player. Castagnari Rik, Excelsior Bilbo

David A

• Good talker
  • Serenellini Lady D/G
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 02:01:49 PM »

(:)
Been using the Fuselli bag from Acorn Instruments for a week now. Loving it. Just the right size, robust but soft on the inside, and the zipped front pocket holds my slim A4 folder of music perfectly.

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 02:17:17 PM »

Ahhhh.... result!
Another satisfied person.
well done.
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

pete /acorn

• .Cast Trilly
    • Acorn Instruments
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 03:17:09 PM »

Thank you all for the endorsements,

New stock arriving Tuesday.  There may be a slight price increase but that is out of my hands.

Pete
Acorn Instruments are the official retailer for Castagnari Instruments,Melodeons and Accordions for England and Scotland and have an extensive stock of new instruments on the shelf for prompt delivery in standard layouts however these can easily be changed to customers specia lrequirements
 We also have the largest stock in the UK of  pre loved melodons all fully serviced,and with 12 months warranty
UK and international customers catered for
www.acorninstruments.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal