Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bass end levers  (Read 895 times)

Henry Piper

• Respected Sage
Bass end levers
« on: November 20, 2016, 05:33:21 PM »

I am currently grafting, a bass end from a Hohner  Single row 4 Bass box onto a Treble end made up to match, from an inexpensive Cajun style box, to give a 4 voice single row instrument with  additional bass options, as part of the conversion I wish to re-arrange the bass end buttons from a single row to a vertically stacked cluster of 4, and to do this I will need to fashion some new levers for the bass end.
Can anyone advise on a suitable (wire ?) material to do this, I think it needs something sufficiently rigid so as not to flex under pressure, but malleable enough to be bent into shape using hand tools.
Many thanks !!.
From Ottery St Mary Devon. Currently Playing Dino Baffetti BP2 in D/G, Hohner Student 1 P.A conversion  in D/G,  Hohner 3515 Pre-Pokerwork in A/D,   2 row "Beaver Brand" in Bb/Eb, Hohner Pre- Erica in G/C .  Single row permanent 4 voice, 4 bass in C from old Hohner single row and bits of a cheap Cajun box !!,

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
Re: Bass end levers
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 05:38:29 PM »

The Sainted Mrs Bailey has some TIG welding rods (she uses them as some part of her knitting thing :o  ) I steal them for this very job.

Henry Piper

• Respected Sage
Re: Bass end levers
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 05:43:50 PM »

The Sainted Mrs Bailey has some TIG welding rods (she uses them as some part of her knitting thing :o  ) I steal them for this very job.

I shall seek some out first thing Monday,!!   The Idea of ANY woman who uses welding rods for knitting terrifies me !! what is she Knitting .....a chain mail sweater ?? ;D ;D ..........  although I am sure that Mrs Bailey is a Delightful lady !!.
From Ottery St Mary Devon. Currently Playing Dino Baffetti BP2 in D/G, Hohner Student 1 P.A conversion  in D/G,  Hohner 3515 Pre-Pokerwork in A/D,   2 row "Beaver Brand" in Bb/Eb, Hohner Pre- Erica in G/C .  Single row permanent 4 voice, 4 bass in C from old Hohner single row and bits of a cheap Cajun box !!,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal