Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gaillard 'Brand'  (Read 4378 times)

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Gaillard 'Brand'
« on: November 28, 2016, 01:12:36 PM »

Once seen as a one man operation, and admitting to me a decade ago that 'he had no apprentice in train' - things have changed at Maison Gaillard.  Spotted this checking weights for the VdAa thread …

"The rumour of my early retirement has been going around for a few years now.  It is
   entirely groundless.  I have no plan to retire before 2025 and if I cease my activity then,
   it will be after full training of my successor. So, there will be no interruption of production"
   See http://www.gaillardaccordions.com/handmade-accordeon-workshop.html

That means in effect that 'Gaillard' has become a brand in the same sense as the Castagnari brothers did back in the 1920s :|glug
  _       _    _      _ 

laurenth

Re: Gaillard 'Brand'
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 06:38:33 PM »

That means in effect that 'Gaillard' has become a brand in the same sense as the Castagnari brothers did back in the 1920s :|glug

I'm not sure this means Gaillard has besome a brand. If it was a one-man shop, and remains a one-man shop, then it should keep its' "soul", but even Bertrang Gaillard will not live for ever...
Laurent :||:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal