Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ting oil  (Read 3933 times)

Roger Hare

• Urmston, Lancashire, U.K.
Re: Ting oil
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 06:53:38 AM »

Just occurred to me. I recently started using a reasonably high-end oil-based wood polish
produced by Parker and Bailey (www.parkerbailey.com). It's an American product but it's
available here in the U.K.

It seems to need a few hours to dry completely, but I'm very happy with the finish it
produces on my wooden furniture.

It also comes in two versions - Orange oil and Lemon oil, so your melodeon would smell
nice too!

Just a thought...

Roger.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 07:00:08 AM by lachenal74693 »
For more about Manchester Morris, The Beech Band Folk Club or anything else,  please use the private messaging facility.
My (large) ABC Tune Book is here.

Rob2Hook

• Castagnaris, Hohners & Baffetti
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 01:58:02 PM »

Just a warning about using oil finishes on wood - and being a saturating oil they only work on bare wood.  My boat's internal woodwork is finished in Deks Olje which gives it a lovely warm, satin finish and can easily be rejuvenated simply by washing and slapping a couple more coats on.  Must be said though thatit is quite easily marked and will absorb any oil based product that comes into contact with it which is pretty much impossible to rectify.  I managed to make the spilt sun lotion less obvious, but when a friend put a used oil filter on the table the occasion was permanently marked!

So it will look great on a box but requires care to avoid marring the finish.

Rob.

blafleur

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 03:59:47 PM »

Tru Oil suggested by Sammypen seems interesting; if it works on a guitar .......

I also use Truoil on my accordions, I like it much better than the lacquer I was using.  I've used Tung oil on furniture, it doesn't offer much protection.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal